Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Heart attack recovery and E-bikes
  • bodgy
    Free Member

Dad (68) is recovering from a heart attack (stent fitted, weight loss regime and all that), and all the advice is to get more exercise.

Exercise is not my father’s natural environment.

Might an E-bike fit the bill? I’m thinking that the ‘assist’ might take the stress out of getting on a bike, and make it a useful vehicle which gets his heart working?

Any thoughts or experiences?

Cheers.

zippykona

My neighbour is awaiting a heart transplant and previously has a normal bike.
    With an e bike he gets to go a lot further than he normally would ,his dog gets a proper run and he gets to see more places than being confined to a 2 mile radius.
    I’d say it would be a good idea for your dad.

bodgy
    Free Member

Thanks ZK.

Anybody know of a E-bike hire / guided tour company near Devizes/Marlborough/Avebury?

jamj1974

I think it is a great idea OP. Go for it and I hope your dad enjoys it.

aikon
    Free Member

Prob worth contacting your local IBD’s about renting a demo for him to try, a lot of hire centres are now including e-bikes too.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Local shop did an e-bike weekend and just posted about a guy on one who’d had a double lung transplant.

Follow doctor & physio advice but I’d say go for it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yep. Good idea. I bought a road ebike to get me to the coast and back, as I’m now a bit too ancient to manage it on my regular wheels with muscle power alone (Orgiva to Motril 64.8 klicks round trip, hot and lots of gradients).

I used it as an “assist” function rather than relying on the battery to do all the work and arrived home relatively perky, although I still felt like I’d had a proper ride.

Encourage it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Heart attack recovery and E-bikes’ is closed to new replies.