Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Heard four magical words in two phone calls today….
  • jock-muttley

…. “you got the job” and “contract’s in the post”

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Electrical/Electronics Production Engineer with Vehicle Equipment OEM (can’t say who yet) 15 mins bike ride from home, salary is nice, prospects are 😯

Spotted job Thursday am, applied Thursday pm, phone call Friday AM, 2.5hr interview Friday PM, job offer Monday AM. Head still spinning, face aching from stoopid grin now welded to it.

ThePinkster

That’s brilliant news, congratulations.

It’s great when stuff just happens like that, innit.

jamiea
    Free Member

Congrats! There appears to be shed loads of Engineering jobs out there at the moment, it’s like someone has turned a tap on! I start a new job after May Bank holiday 😀

Cheers,
    Jamie

legend
    Free Member

If anyone fancies a move to the area, it’s worth knowing that McLaren are hiring 8)

Congrats on the job!

shifter
    Free Member

Congratulations and I wish our HR could work that fast!

jock-muttley

certainly +1 to the taps being turned on with engineering vacancies… my inbox has gone mental this last week.

NE England is screaming for engineers

stumpy01

Congrats! 😀

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Nice one! – All the best.

bigblackshed

Well done.

rockhopperbike

nice feeling init

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Nissan?

jock-muttley

Thanks Guys,

Yes RHB it is a very nice feeling

Nope not Nissan Trout, it’s a very small, young company with a really neat patented technology that’s just about to skyrocket. You wont see this technology but it will become very commonplace on the roads 😉 I promise I will reveal more once I start.

funkynick

Magic feeling isn’t it… and even better to be able to ride to work. I just moved about 5 miles from work after almost 3 years of doing 80 miles a day… am loving being able to ride in, even if I have got soaked a few times!

As for engineering jobs, have noticed a pick up in spam from the agencies, but in some areas there have been shortages of engineers for a few years… I think we still have some vacancies unfilled from a couple of years ago!

iolo
    Free Member

That’s great news.
    I’m sure “you got the job contract’s in the post” has more than four words so let’s hope you don’t have to count much.
    Seriously though It’s great to hear when someone gets good news like that.

tinybits
    Free Member

Good result!
    I have a feeling you’ll be working in Exeter if it’s whining thinking of. If so, fair play!

jock-muttley

iolo… it was two separate phone convos… one with the “you got the” the other with “the contract” lol thus the four word count was sort of correct. Obviously there were a lot more words that in each convo …

tinybits, this company is the other end of England almost literally!

Funnynick its weird but the jobs that I have been seeing up until recently have been VERY VERY specific about the qualifications and experience required (possibly too specific IMHO). Then all of a sudden (last week or so) they start looking for more of an “all-rounder” type, from the conversations I’ve had it looks like they are struggling to find this type of engineer, my degree is in Electronics but I’ve a lot of mechanical engineering experience as well as manufacturing and design.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Congratulations man. It’s a great feeling isn’t it? All the best with the new job.

oldnick

Well done chap 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Heard four magical words in two phone calls today….’ is closed to new replies.