Slightly later than promised, but here's the plan for another day of bike-based fun and frolicks.
- we be rollin' on Sunday the 27th
- start is at the market square in Northleach
- wheels roll at 10:30 sharp.
- there's parking on the square (possibly Pay and Display, not sure) and along main street
- there is a choice of pubs for post-pootle refreshments
As always, we will be observing The Rules of Pootle as laid down by His Pookness (may he forever bathe in rose water).
1) if you're fast, hold the gates and count the folks through
2) if you're slow - have something to talk about with the other 20 people with you
3) bring cake
Pootles aren't a typical 'group ride'. I started them 'cos I hated being the person at the back. I wanted a group ride for the people at the back. There aren't any people at the back in a pootle.
The route is mainly country lanes and tracks, entirely newbie friendly. The 'gnarr' element is very low, the 'pleasantly bimbling around in the countryside' element is very high. Not sure of the length, meant to check this morning but I forgot (if anyone has the Nick Cotton Cotswold MTB routes book, it's in there). We'll be out for 3-4 hours though I'd have thought.
So, there you go. Be there or be square (or doing something else warmer and dryer probably...)