Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Healthy work snackage
  • ShoePolice
    Free Member

What do folk eat at work for snacks? I ask because I want to do a fair bit of lunchtime or evening training in the coming months but usually feel low on energy when it comes to it, which I could attribute to not maintaining energy levels between breakfast and lunch, then after lunch as going riding / running straight from work would be easiest. I always have fruit to hand at work but need something more. Canteens and shops only have junk or expensive posh stuff so am looking for ideas to buy in quantity at the supermarket, or make at home.

peachos
    Free Member

fruit!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i take a second sandwich for mid afternoon about 3.30pm – which in an office of sedentary dieters goes down like a fart in an elevator …

ready to ride at 5

ShoePolice
    Free Member

I said fruit. Only so much I want to eat.

binners

Is there a chippy nearby? Problem solved 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Carrots and lots of them. And if you have a microwave at work you can always make porridge, or lentil soup or something.

vrapan
    Free Member

fruit and nuts for snack, salad made earlier in the day for lunch.

fubar
    Free Member

We have a fridge full of milk so I often tuck into a bowl of oat cereal. Soreen is good too (helps if you have a knive for hacking it into pieces).

Gravy
    Free Member

Have a decent bowl of porridge first thing in the morning and continue as usual. (?)

Kevevs
    Free Member

I've always got an airtight box full of muesli mixed with chopped prunes, nuts, dried bananas and use the milk in the work fridge.

tron
    Free Member

Granola & yoghurt.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Nairns oat biscuits are pretty cheap and great with fruit – being oat based they're low GI so you don't get the 'sugar spike' that wheat products can give.
    Most supermarkets stock them, about a pound and a bit a packet.

Or a packet of good granola makes a decent munchy snack (check the packet to make sure it's not sugary gak!!)
    Lizi'z Original is a good brand that's found in supermarkets, about 3.50 for 500g but at nearly 500 kcals/100g it's easy to pig out on !!!

mooman
    Free Member

I have a dozen or so brazil nuts with a couple medjool dates when I fancy a little snack. Surprisingly filling.

mooman
    Free Member

binners

Muesli? What the **** is wrong with you people?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If you don't mind spending 3 quid (well £2.99 for a basic box) or for that matter, if anyone else does, nip over to Graze.com and order a box to try. It isn't cheap but it is quite tasty and more importantly I like not knowing what I am going to get (you can specify if you like, or say stuff like "don't want olives") makes it more interesting somehow though.
    If you fancy trying them out use this code 5LNHT1L when you get there and you get one free box and one half price to check it out. I did and I am still getting them from time to time.

Disclosure, if anybody uses the code above I will get £1 off a box of my own, in fact if 20 of you use it, I will get a pound off each of the next 20 boxes, but don't let that stop you (you could just get the free one, not get the half price one, doubt I would get anything then 🙂 )

Edric64
    Free Member

Tesco pies at 55p and lucozade

ShoePolice
    Free Member

Graze… I have a big problem with Graze in the amount of packaging they use and the fact they deliver bite size portions to your desk. They claim to be all green and nice on their website – I don't see it, and I sent them a picture of the stack of cartons remaining from my snackette (which my gf ordered for me…). Their response was pretty arrogant, too. I was going to compare them to Howies, but that would be way way unfair on our Cardigan Bay friends.

Otherwise, thanks for the suggestions. Malt loaf's always a winner, but a knife? Use your teeth man!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Healthy work snackage’ is closed to new replies.