Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Healthy protein shakes
  • hora
    Free Member

Ideas and recipes?

Lester
    Free Member

skimmed milk
    2 or 3 bananas
    1 or 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter
    some porridge oats without the honey

yummy

CaptJon
    Free Member

Rice milk + banana + banana protein powder

_tom_
    Free Member

Probably full of chemicals and crap but my protein are well priced, have a good amount of protein and are only 92 calories per scoop with not much fat or sugar. The chocolate peanut butter one is immense! Tastes amazing made up just with water so no need to add more sugar with the milk.

IanW
    Free Member

Whilst acknowledging the default “don’t waste your money” view of buying something ready made, they are more convenient.
    I’ve started having recovery-50/50 carb and protein shakes after long rides. You can get the same out of a meal but a shake takes 60 seconds to prepare and will stop you raiding the biscuit tin to get the hit you need.

Don’t think there’s much between the brands, you can have straight protein ( bodybuilder stuff), protein carb mix ( recovery ) and sometimes they mix stuff like creatine in there, dunno what that does.

I was sceptical but now I like em.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

A pro nutritionist (US Navy) once told me chocolate milk is the best. Something about the ratio of carbs, protein and fat. Also very cheap and easy to buy or make yourself.

3 cups milk
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons powder sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla

bigyinn
    Free Member

Tug one off into a glass of milk?

bearnecessities

😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I believe that whey protein is absorbed quicker than casein protein, which is worth remembering if it’s for an after exercise protein drink. So a manufactured whey based protein shake is probably more useful than milk in purely that respect. And I think bananas are fairly worthless as a source of protein.

Although someone who knows what they’re talking about might come along and clear up any uncertainties.

_tom_
    Free Member

Bananas are just sugar/carbs aren’t they?

ton

cheap chocolate milk
    yazoo stuff
    for goodness shake
    mars bar drink

all good for a protein fix……stops my legs hurting doing the 500 mile a month thing. 8)

IanW
    Free Member

From the label of the recovery drink- per serving (300ml) 12g carbs, 20g Protein, 1g Fat, 4g Creatine. Milkshakes are probably similar carbs but I wouldn’t have thought as much protein.

Kuco

Torq recovery, it has no Colours, artificial sweeteners or preservatives.

jonnyrockymountain

for goodness shakes on offer in Morrisons at moment

IanMunro
    Free Member

I use my protein essential whey 60
    http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/essential-whey-60/10530747.html

Mainly because it’s cheap and chocolately.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Healthy protein shakes’ is closed to new replies.