• This topic has 51 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by chomp.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • healthy brekkie options
  • TiRed

Omelette in a wrap.
    Scrambled eggs in pitta.
    Porridge (1:1:1 quaker oats:milk:water) with a squirt of syrup. Always Quaker. And 2:40 in the microwave.

I’ve made Bircher porridge, prefer warm.

Also make crepes and American pancakes on a regular basis. Crepes best with Parma ham.

ton

this morning I had a bowl of porridge with honey.
    healthy……yes
    but compared to a nice bacon and egg butty, pretty crap. 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

but compared to a nice bacon and egg butty, pretty crap.

Bacon and egg butties are great. Especially dripping with fat. Nothing can quite beat the taste of a full fry-up though. The cheaper 40% MRM/bread w/fat pork sausages, not the dry, slightly ammonia-tasting 120% meaty kind. Crispy bacon of course, preferably streaky and smokey. Deep-fried black pudding. Fried bread topped with fried egg. Fried mushrooms. Some of those hash browns, glistening with taste, soft inside yet with some slightly- burned crispy-bits on the outside. Food of the Gods.

Nothing comes close. Except maybe leftover pizza with extra cheese and piles of pepperoni. Simply reheat in the oven. Smother with garlic and herb dipping-sauce.

Pitting a humble, hearty-yet-syrupy porridge against the above-mentioned gastronomic out-of-body experiences = the odd cup of coffee vs mainlining heroin. Meditation vs high-energy, high-speed, risk-taking sports. A safe and loving marriage at home vs a series of wild affairs in dangerous countries involving innocent lives.

Choose wisely, but we (may) only live once, so horse for courses, better die fast and young, or middle-aged and fat, etc.

(Other options available)

IHN

Coffee.

Bacon roll on Fridays.

chvck
    Free Member

Is it possible that low fat/sugar cereal (like shredded wheat) is healthier than porridge due to all of the stuff that it gets fortified with?

LittleNose
    Free Member

Reporting back :-
    If I had time and infinite health I’d be on Malvern rider’s gastronomic out of body experience, but as it stands in my version of reality -> Overnight oats with fruit FTW
    Cheers guys

trail_rat
    Free Member

At work – I do 2 bananas an apple a handful of oats a natural yogurt and a half pint of multi vitamin juice Blitzed with my hand blender.

At home it’s poached or scrambled eggs on homemade wholemeal with either avacado/salmon/steamed spinach

paton
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/PKN9PlXxmKc[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgctEe5ANM[/video]

john_drummer
    Free Member

Scrambled eggs and tinned mackerel is my current favourite

I bet you’re popular at work 😯

nickhit3
    Free Member

cigarettes and a beautiful woman.

chomp
    Free Member

no votes for egg on a stick yet?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘healthy brekkie options’ is closed to new replies.