• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Healthcare – what system / where is it best?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Following on from this

crikey – Member

10 pages of debate, no consensus as to best system, no attempt to suggest how we het there from here.
    UK healthcare debate in a nutshell, lots of shouting, absolutely no result. on a previous NHS thread where infact there was a little discussion of this lets see if we can find the concensuss.

lets leave all funding issues out of it as much as we can.

Imo the two main issues with the NHS are poor cost control and poor management structures and skills I am sure the are others you can think of.

Two difficult areas for sure.

So what countries do it better and why? Anyone know anything about healthcare in Japan? It is very cheap as % of GDP

My experiences with the local NHS have all been very good which is gratifying. The most recent late at night. T’missus went all dizzy and pins an needles – I phoned NHS 24 discussed the issue with a nurse, she arranged for a doctor to come out just to check it was nothing serious and within an hour it was sorted. My dutch nephew was staying with us and he was amazed that this was possible. In the Netherlands it would have had to be A&E or MTFU he said.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Healthcare – what system / where is it best?’ is closed to new replies.