Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Healey Nab……Any Good?
  • jskiffin
    Free Member

Nipped on to PMBA, DirtRag and a few others, looks pretty good but a mare to find.

Anyone know a postcode?

Cheers,
    John.

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=361210&y=418345&z=115&sv=361210,418345&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=711&ax=361210&ay=418345&lm=0
    here is where you want to aim for to park
    PR6 9BU

will get you on to the road higher house lane when you hit the a long straight bit and aftere the left turn for white coppice there is a house by the road on a corner then another one next to it- go past them to park. Its narow road ther eis no obvious parking but but cars do park there.
    The entrance is the gate opposite the first house by the gate- you can see this on Google street view FWIW
    Ride up bridleway and take obvious path on your right uphill at the top of the hill and this leads to a map after 400 m ish as you enter Nab woods.

if cannot park there head to White coppice there is loads – turn right when you reach the bottom
    If you are riding you would go another way.

Personally I dont rate it at all. It is a downhill track but as I dont downhill I cannot grade it but I can ride it on a SS like so it is not danger of death or anything.
    It just a bit mleh IMHO

samuri
    Free Member

I’d suggest parking up at Rivington and riding across. That way you get a good blast back from the Nab to loosen your legs and can go to a cafe.
    Depends what you’re riding I guess.

As for how good it is, it’s a bit tame. If you’re used to properly nasty stuff you’ll be disappointed. I’ve done all routes on a fixed wheel cross bike if that helps manage expectations. [1]

[1] But then I am totally awesome.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

an hour of playing around, tops. it gets boring after that.
    so do what samuri said- park up at rivington somewhere and ride over (i’d go via lead mine clough and over to white coppice, then into the nab for a bit, then back along anglezarke reservoir to rivington for a blast up to the pike and whatnot personally).

jskiffin
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up.

Living in Warrington is a right pain for a good trail. It’s at least 45mins in every direct to find somewhere, so driving and out finding it to be pants is fairly annoying!!!!

On a Norco Sight so AM, pretty much do a bit of everything.

xiphon
    Free Member

It’s a small place, restricted by red tape as opposed to the imagination of the trail builders (Scott and John are the main people digging).

Depending on your attention span/skill level/riding preferences, you can spend between 20mins to several hours there.

It’s popular for the bike coaches to take their students on.

Junkyard
    Free Member

rivvy itself is ok
    Happy to give you a tour if you wish – same place basically.
    E-mail in profile

Junkyard
    Free Member

rivvy itself is ok
    Happy to give you a tour if you wish – same place basically.
    E-mail in profile

traildog
    Free Member

The woods are almost my front garden and have always been great to ride. I was worried when they started proposing trails there, but I think they’ve done a really good job and they’re quite good fun. It’s a small area so you’d struggle to fill an hour, I often do about 3 laps from my house in an evening and pack the bike away all in under 60minutes. So as suggested, I’d park at Rivington and ride over and you can then get a good ride in.

I wouldn’t drive 45 minutes just to ride it though – you need to ride around Rivington to make that sort of drive worth it.

jskiffin
    Free Member

I may have to have a pop of the Rivington, thanks for the offer Junkyard I may take you up on the offer

Cheers lads

jskiffin
    Free Member

Actually quite enjoyed it 🙂

jskiffin
    Free Member

Thanks for the info gents.

Granted its short but a good laugh.

simondbarnes

It’s fun for a few spins around there as part of a bigger loop. Much improved over when the Nab was just a boggy mess for 364 days of the year 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Healey Nab……Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.