Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Healey Nab – what will I find?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I haven't been to Healey Nab for a while now, since before the recent(ish) trail-building.

What will I find? Is all the new stuff nicely waymarked or will I have to go looking for it? I'd find it hard to describe where I normally go except that I'd normally go in, up, left, through a gap in a wall, down, up and down again to where I came in (a clock-wise loop). Is all that still there? Has the new stuff added to it or replaced any of it? Anyone got a map?

higgo
    Free Member

nobody?

TonyL
    Free Member

we have just made a map I'll see if it is in a format I can post on the forum tomorrow.

izakimak
    Free Member

There is some new stuff but it is not open yet there's some sign's asking people not to ride it, although these seem to have been ignored.

TonyL. I got talking to a fell runner a few weeks ago on the nab and he mentioned that there is some more trails planned in some of the other wood's in the area and a signposted loop linking them all. Any truth in this?

higgo
    Free Member

Thanks.

Is it new 'new stuff' that's not open yet or is it the red and black runs that I remember being talked about last year?

Tony – a map would be great.

nbt

We struggled to find the trails when we last went – riding north from Rivi, we'd only ever been to healey nab once before and got lost having gone in the gate on the eastern edge of the woods, so we followed the same route and found nothing. Having turned back we decided to push through the woods and eventually bumped into a couple of council chaps out working on a saturday who showed us the trail head – here

http://lyxus.net/fheh

As the map shows, we should have turned west at the junction and gone in the gate to the southern boundary of the woods.

The track when we went was still under construction, and given the weather since then I can't see that a great deal will have changed, but what was there was great fun – definitely worth calling in if you;re riding round that way. The red and black trails are interwoven so you do need to be careful if there are lots of people on both trails, but TBH when we went we were the only riders there

as for the other trails, the plan longer term is to build a trail over the moors linking healey nab to the pennine bridleway, and thence to the trails at lee quarry and the new trails planned up on the top of rooley moor

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

A mate & I rode Healy Nab on the current RoW back in December, it was impossible to miss the new tracks, took a little bit of work to find the "trailhead" though, which we did through nosing around a bit.

lookoutkid
    Free Member

It's great up there – I made a little video on the red a couple of weeks ago:

I think the rest is nearly finished now? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=208749681411&ref=ts

footstomper
    Free Member

It's great up there – I made a little video on the red a couple of weeks ago

Nice Video it looks great in the daytime 😀

I rode it for the first time Tuesday Night with some other guys who have been there before, I thought it Twas great will definately be going back for some more 😛

tommytowtruck

I've just been up there today – for some reason the bridleway on the way up has been worked on and is now as flat as a witches t**! Bit of a shame it was quite nice and rocky on the way up. The man made trails are good fun though.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Burp

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Healey Nab – what will I find?’ is closed to new replies.