Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Headwinds
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Knackering aren’t they, whilst out on a ride I had a constant headwind and had to pedal hard going down hill then when the road flattened out going along a valley I still had the bloody headwind, by the time I reached my turn off up a very hilly country lane I was cooked took me ages to hall myself up the climbs before I could turn onto a decent road to head home. One good thing I had twice the workout with half the miles, but my average speed was pants only 21.9kph but I;m building up my miles slowly whilst losing weight.

I kept ting to stay in a lower gear and raise my cadence but didn;t seem to raise my speed until I put it a few cogs down but that slowed my cadence and required a lot more effort. I enjoyed the ride anyway, just though I would share.

scaredypants

the magical eternal headwind ?

it’s a bastard

sambob
    Free Member

Yup, a windy ride is normally tougher than a hilly ride IMO.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A good challenge for the head.

Spinning helps for me.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Yep, would rather climb a hill than have a headwind, at least you can see what you’re up against. always seem to get one either to or from work on my commute.

lazybike
    Free Member

Read The Alchemist, explains how to control the wind…. 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

Just keeping thinking of how good the return will be – unless the wind changes 😀

MarkN
    Free Member

Some days are easier than others… Think of it as a training wind.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s worse than a wet ride

monkeychild
    Free Member

Welcome to my world! I live in Lincs and I always have flipping headwind!! Commute in and commute home it’s there, go out for a training ride and it’s like the wind is constantly taunting me. But… it does get you fit 😀

mauja
    Free Member

I saw a Lance quote somewhere where he said something along the lines of the wind is my friend, it makes me stronger.

I always seem to remember this when riding into a head wind and think it helps me.

Squirrel

It’s a well-known fact that headwinds travel in a 360 degree direction which is always opposite to the forward motion of the rider 8)

turboferret

Out on a training ride at the weekend, which was supposed to be 2 1/2 hours (out and back route). I couldn’t convince my partner that while we were cruising along at 47kph without much effort we most likely had a mega tailwind, and should turn around a bit before the half-time point, as we’d be significantly slower on the way back. No amount of logical reasoning would convince him of this, so when we did turn around the speeds dropped to ~26kph and the ride lasted 3 hours 😆

Next time he might listen to me!

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Headwinds’ is closed to new replies.