Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Headwind Anonymous
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

My name’s Jon, and today I had to slipstream a milk float.

Northwind

My name is Andrew, and today I decided to fight the headwind, and ended up almost falling off my bike with tiredness halfway into my commute. My very, very short commute.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

My milkfloat slipstream was the highlight of my 43 mile west->east MTFU commute. It overtook me doing about 18mph, on that bit of road alongside the M4 from Dachet to Colnbrook. I caught up with it, and sat right on its bumper for half a blissful mile, with the milkman pissing himself. Fastest I’d ridden in about an hour.

makeitorange
    Free Member

My Name is Josh and sitting in the office with aching thighs as I battled to get to work on time along the Brighton coast (it’s not even been that strong today). I wouldn’t mind but mother nature often seems to change wind direction during the day and you don’t get the tailwind on the home, which just seems unfair!

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Not the best day to bike in from Reading.

Look, it’s so strong it’s been waxing gibbons.

tonyd

My name is Tony and today I left the bike in the garage! After very nearly getting blown to a stop twice last night on the way home I thought better of it.

I wouldn’t mind but mother nature often seems to change wind direction during the day and you don’t get the tailwind on the home, which just seems unfair!

This. Sometimes it feels like she’s out to get you.

beefheart
    Free Member

Horizontal sleet as well as ridiculous wind this morning.
    You know it’s bad when you have to pedal hard downhill just to keep moving.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Headwind Anonymous’ is closed to new replies.