Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Headtorch
  • CountZero

Alpkit seem to have a nifty new headtorch: https://www.alpkit.com/products/arc
    Nice battery arrangement, the pack is electable, and can be quickly replaced with a second with fresh batteries, each torch comes with two empty packs.
    Good idea, that, and not a bad price, either.
    I think this’ll be my new headtorch.

andy8442
    Free Member

Plus one for the Alpkit Gamma but…….yes the battery pack broke, and is held together with a cable tie.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Apologies for resurrecting the thread! Also looking for a cheapish headtorch for winter running duties. Looking at the Alpkit units and not having worn one before wondered if the single strap is sufficient on the Munon, or would I need the extra over strap (Gamma currently sold out!) to stop the light unit from bobbing around? Any real world experience? Liked the simplicity of the Munon; presumably less weight and no extra cables, but is this a false economy?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Honestly I rate my cheap eBay lights as highly as the much more expensive stuff other club members seem to have. V bright and reliable so far. Batteries are just a pair of 18650s so easy to upgrade them and charger when they die.

andy8442
    Free Member

I’ve just replaced the old tungsten bulb in an old Petz headtorch with a small LED , £8.99 from Amazon. Not the brightest but for 9 quid, not bad.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Been out for the first time with the Nao. Absolutely makes sense that it’s 575 lumens. Odly it very rarely punches out the full amount. I did a 50 minute technical run that I could never have done with my old Gamma. Reactive lighting works very well, although I will change the settings on it slightly. On a 50 minute run my time was a minute slower than my fastest, but that was more down to the conditions. Still 2/3 battery left as well.

At £75 it’s still expensive, but I was looking at the £30+ Alpkits and this IMO is better value for money

AD

Update on the Muon – It’s definitely not as well built as the Silva L2 it replaced but it is much brighter. Time will tell how good the waterproofing is. The single strap is fine – I was worried it might move around but no problems so far. All things considered I’m glad I bought one.

All my running is off-road.

The Muon is not as bright as FunkyDuncs Nao though!

cozz
    Free Member

i just bought a nao from wiggle

its awesome, was out in the garden raking up leaves last night with it

(no running involved)

Bregante

was out in the garden raking up leaves last night with it

Christ it must be huge!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Headtorch’ is closed to new replies.