• This topic has 24 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Headsets – what are people buying these days?
  • richcc
    Free Member

Will probably spring for a Hope but interested in other recommendations? What do people like these days?

zaskar
    Free Member

CK but if you change often then stick with Hope.

spock
    Free Member

fsa orbit xLII – perfectly smooth and working well after a years use twice a week.

£24

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=1164

nickjb
    Free Member

xLII for me too.

Northwind

FSA for me as well, Orbit MX. Hope in the Hemlock as they seem to have the best reducers out there but the Orbit cost less than half as much and performs exactly the same.

DT78
    Free Member

2 x hope, 1 x FSA orbit xlII

freeform5spot
    Free Member

CK, for fit and forgetness!

Curly68
    Free Member

Just bought a third CK but may go for a Cane Creek when my Tracer frame gets here.

loddrik
    Free Member

Richey WCS, bargain from merlin.

the-muffin-man

XLII for cheapness

Hope for longevity – my Hope one is over six years old and showing no signs of giving in.

4ndyB
    Free Member

BBB Turnaround headset, as it was the only silver one we had in stock & I needed it ASAP, so far so good.

pitduck
    Free Member

hope or fsa 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

CC 110

PROLINE85
    Free Member

FSA Orbit MX, great headset. Have a Hope on another bike, and had a Chris King, but sold it as it put a large score on my steerer (controversial I know). Would buy FSA from now on…

Aidan
    Free Member

I had problems with FSA headsets wearing out (sorry, don't remember the exact model), but I've had the same Hope headset for a good few years and it's still working perfectly. I'd absolutely recommend them – and they come with a split crown race which my last FSA didn't have.

westkipper
    Free Member

Cane Creek S8 on all my non-integrated bikes- totally trouble free for me, only thing that bothers me is the wee liplock bit on the top piece.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

three bikes and three hope headsets. it so nice to fit a crown race with your finger tips and they go on forever.

ratadog

XLII that came on my 456 has given no problems. Running Cane creek S6 on 3 bikes at the moment within the family and again no problems. Via ebay and got them all for the price of one Hope.

coogan
    Free Member

I don't buy any headsets these days. CK's are years old and running schweet. 8)

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Avoid Cane Creek had an S3 & S8 both crap, replaced with Hope & can't fault it.

Dibbs
    Free Member

CK on all my MTB's, but wouldn't (and didn't) pay rip-off UK prices.

bigbloke
    Free Member

FSA Orbit XL2 for me as well, can't fault them and good quality. £17.50 from ebay .

forge197
    Free Member

I chucked a BBB headset on when I built my bike up as it was all the shop had and I wanted to the bike finished, it's been to date 100% fine was cheap and weighed about the same as the CK one that was supposed to go on it but the bearings were knackered, never got around to fixing the CK guess I should sort that out really……..

Kevevs
    Free Member

fsa xl2 seems to be a winner. I've got one and it's been flawless since 2006. I got an fsa orbit extreme on here for a tenner. Like new. Don't think you need to spend more than £20 anyways.

DezB
    Free Member
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Headsets – what are people buying these days?’ is closed to new replies.