Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Headsets – such choice these days
  • rascal
    Free Member

I need a bog-standard 1 1/8 headset – went on a few sites and was bewildered by all the choice with all the different head tube diameters etc etc.

What’s a good solid inexpensive normal headset to go for these days? – 15 years since I last bought one.

fathomer

I’ve just bought and fitted and FSA Orbit MX* to the Mrs new Genesis, £16.99 and get plenty of good reviews on here and the net.

* At least I think that’s what it was called

rocketman
    Free Member

Have a word with Hope they are very helpful

spawnofyorkshire

+1 for FSA Orbit MX. Used in both road and MTB’s with no problems. Have to do another one soon for a mate and will get him that

keppoch

+1 FSA Orbit MX. Buy two so you have spare bearings at little more cost than the bearings alone.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope, normally get 5+ years out of them

nedrapier

+1 for FSA Orbit MX. Used in both road and MTB’s with no problems

Same here. 10,000+ miles in the road cross type thing, commuting year round and plenty off-road in UK slop and grime, still smooth. Maybe not buttery like new smoothness, but it would be a struggle for anyone to say it needs replacing any time soon

rascal
    Free Member

TBH it’s to replace an FSA one on a 2008 bike that might be replaced next year.
    Hope are nice but thinking £20 rather than £60….will take a look at the Orbit MX at that price.

rascal
    Free Member

New white FSA Orbit MX just purchased for the princely sum of £16.99 from Rutland Cycles…£50 at Evans 😯

Northwind

Cane Creek S3 is good too- functionally absolutely identical to a Hope, ime, even intercompatability.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Headsets – such choice these days’ is closed to new replies.