Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Headsets, is it possible to convert an integrated headset to a conventional one?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Does anyone make an adaptor or special cup that would allow you to use a conventional neadset in a frame designed for an intergrated headset (to one where the bearting sits in the frame rather than a recessed cup)?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Woouldn't work as there is nothing for the headset to grip on when pushed in – maybe work on semi-integrated perhaps but don't know of one?

5lab

I think the king inset is a 'traditional' headset that fits an integrated design, if that's what is required?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Real World Cycling has one that converts from INTERNAL to conventional but I can't find anyone who does anything for integrated. In theory, it would just be a matter of press fitting something of the correct dimensions into the bearing seats in the frame.

Onzadog
    Free Member

evening crowd?

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep, Giant used to supply their frames with the correct castlated spacer just for that purpose.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. Guess I'll have a look for the local Giant dealer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Headsets, is it possible to convert an integrated headset to a conventional one?’ is closed to new replies.