Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Headsets?
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As it appears my Cane Creek has died a horrible death, i’m looking for a replacement.

So far i’ve looked at the new CB Iodine AM, and the Sunline V1. Are these new Crank Bros ones any good?

Am I missing anything obvious? FSA do a few, but i’ve never had one before so am unsure if they are any good?

100% don’t want a CK, so no suggestions of that please! 🙂

jfeb
    Free Member

FSA Orbit II is the standard choice of “more affordable” headsets

(Brant/On-One is doing them for £20 + p&p, by the way: HERE)

nina
    Free Member

i have a CB Iodine C headset and its really nice, super low stack height and purddy

Bippa
    Free Member

fsa headsets are great, save your mmoney for other shineys and get one

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Who needs a ‘purdy’ headset? It’s like a BB…a mechanical component, mainly hidden from view, that is just meant to subtly and quietly do it’s job for a long time without trying to attract attention.

To that end, get one of the FSA XL2’s as mentioned above.

Cane Creek headsets rust faaaar too quickly (crap metal I think).

bomberman
    Free Member

fsa orbit XLII – sealed replaceable cartridge bearings at a fraction of the price that’ll last for a few years

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

fsa all the way – i killed an s8 in 4 months and its £30 for bearings! i also have a £35 fsa xl 2, had 3 years and the bearings are still smooth, and bearing are only £15 when they do eventually die

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve taken the plunge on the FSA one. For £20 its not exactly breaking the bank if its rubbish, but they seem to have a lot of good reviews.

Cheers guys. Hopefully it will last a bit longer than the pile of crap thats fallen apart 🙂

glenh
    Free Member

Superstar. Mine’s sweet.

nickc

Only one real weak spot in the XL11, and that’s the sealing at the crown race and lower cup. Slather the grease on, and it should be OK, you do need to keep an eye on it though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Headsets?’ is closed to new replies.