Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Headset Type and Size Help
  • poonprice
    Free Member

Hi All,

Need a little help, i’m a headset newbie, never replaced the headset cups on a bike before and I need to do it on the mrs bike. I’ve removed the old ones, but there are no size or markings to indicate the type.

She has a Commencal Meta AM3 Girly 2013, which according to the specs i’ve found is either a FSA Semi integrated Zero Stack tapered or Cane Creek ZS44 top, ZS56 bottom Tapered 1″ 1/8 / 1.5″

The fork is a Fox 32, with a straight steerer.

I’m looking to replace with a Hope Headset using the mix and match cups, she wants the purple ones. But here in Oz there aren’t any LBS stocking Hope so need to buy from UK and want to make sure the order is correct.

Once you’ve picked the top and bottom cup type and size do they come with the other parts like crown race etc..

Thanks in advance for any info

poonprice
    Free Member

Bumping to see if anyone can help out?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes, they come with bearings, crown race, compression ring, top cover etc, but no top cap & star nut/head doctor, so you’ll need to order that as well if you want it coloured.

nickdavies

You’ll need to buy hope top cap 2, bottom cap E, and HS136 converter to run the 1 1/8th straight steerer.

As mentioned above you’ll also need to get a hed doctor if you want the purple top cap but otherwise your existing top cap and star nut will work fine. Everything else you need will be included.

Order a spare lower bearing while your at it for next time if it’s going to oz.

benpinnick

If you order the top cap don’t forget the bolt. You need a hope bolt with the top cap. Also your forks are too small most likely so you’ll need either the hope convertor or a different bottom race.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Headset Type and Size Help’ is closed to new replies.