Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Headset reaming – LBS?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Do most decent LBSs perform headset reaming – my new road frame needs the top seat deepening (long story) as the bearing sits above the top of the head tube (IS integrated) – I’ll probably have have to send it back but would rather take it down the road and get it sorted if poss?

ojom
    Free Member

Have you got the correct bearing in there?

wwaswas

If it’s a Ti frame it may be somethign they won’t want to damage their tools on too.

Sancho
    Free Member

the bearing should sit proud of the frame on an integrated headset.
    The headset top cap should then over lap this.
    A standard headset top cap wont, so Id check a different headset first.

yunki
    Free Member

FR – I know that your local LBS offers headset, brake and bb facing as part of their gold service package.. a slightly different job perhaps but they’re adept at removing unwanted metal from frames
    certainly worth an ask..

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thanks guys for the info.

Tiz great when you sleep on stuff and then go and fettle before you go to work.

My old frame was actually an IS not and ISi (got confused as my other road bike is an ISi) so didn’t need a new headset – the old headset (CC) fits as it does in the old frame – the Hope IS doesn’t!

I compared the seating on the old and new fames this morning and they are identical so then I knew it was the headset?

Confused – I presume the Hope IS isn’t suitable for road frames (prob an oversight on my part?) esp as the crown race is too tall as well – I think I am being a numtpy here and not doing my research properly! More haste less speed!.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Headset reaming – LBS?’ is closed to new replies.