Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Headset question – tapered fork into frame with 1 1/8 semi integrated headset?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I have a 2009 giant reign x, which has a semi integrated headset, designed for 1 1/8 forks.

Is it possible to fit a tapered fork, with a headset that has an external cup on the bottom?

I’ve been having a look on the net and cannot find a definitive answer.

khani
    Free Member

Yes, superstar and hope sell them, it’s the 44mm id external bottom cup ones, not to be confused by the 44mm tapered ones that use a 44 mm semi integrated top and 1.5 bottom..

kudos100
    Free Member

Do works components do an angleset that would fit?

khani
    Free Member

No idea tbh..

tor5
    Free Member

I’d be surprised, the tapered region of the fork is longer than the bottom cup of the headset, I can’t see how it would work, though I’m far from an expert and would happily stand corrected

kudos100
    Free Member

My frame is like this:

Does it matter if the headtube is only 44mm at the top and the bottom or does it need to be the whole headtube?

tmb467
    Free Member

This might help – think it needs to be 44mm the whole way up or you won’t get the taper in fully

andymac
    Free Member

I am guessing this would work with a 2010 era Zesty? Just curious rather than any particular plan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Headset question – tapered fork into frame with 1 1/8 semi integrated headset?’ is closed to new replies.