Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Headset press for 44mm headtube / tapered steerer
  • Speeder

I’ve got a new bike with. 44mm headtube and a Hope headset for tapered forks and my old Cyclus headset press doesn’t fit the bottom cup, it’s just too small. I’ve tried bodging it by using a dumbbell nut but it slides around and won’t go in straight.

I’m loath to tak it to a shop as the adapters probably cost as much as they’d charge and I like to have my own tools for most jobs.

Question then is has any one used the Cyclus 1.5″ press to fit anything and has anyone bought the 1.5″ adapters farm anywhere in the uk? I can only find them in Germany.

Cheers Gary

joshvegas
    Free Member

I found an old headset cup was wide enough and tapered so it self centres when used in conjunction with a 1 1/8th press

Mugboo

Me too, headset cup worked for me. I have now bought some big washers sold on eBay especially for the job.

coomber
    Free Member
    Mugboo

Me too, headset cup worked for me. I have now bought some big washers sold on eBay especially for the job.
    How about this.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132003864499

Speeder

Ah off to rummage in garage for old headset but I think I had a clear out a while back and doubt there’s anything.

Funny coomber, I’d just put that in my basket as well – a very good price even inc shipping

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Headset press for 44mm headtube / tapered steerer’ is closed to new replies.