Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • headset installation grease or no grease
  • firestarter
    Free Member

as above i just cant remember ta

khani
    Free Member

grease, in headtube where cups go and fork where crown race sits

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers i couldnt remember but thought i should 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

With the exception of DU bushes [which are self-lubricating] – any metal to metal mating should be either lubed or thread-locked

mikey74
    Free Member

Are you supposed to grease the crown race itself, and the top of the bearing cartridges? I serviced mine at the weekend a couldnt remember as well so greased both.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Are you supposed to grease the crown race itself, and the top of the bearing cartridges? I serviced mine at the weekend a couldnt remember as well so greased both. “

I do just to stop it rusting when water inevitable runs out of thr frame tubes via the headset

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Are you supposed to grease the crown race itself, and the top of the bearing cartridges? I serviced mine at the weekend a couldnt remember as well so greased both. “

I do just to stop it rusting when water inevitable runs out of thr frame tubes via the headset

nukeproof
    Free Member

I use a bit of copper slip when I’m installing headset cups. Think I got the Finishline stuff which comes with a brush…the amount I use it, the whole pot should last me years

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dunno, i use bearing lock, works like grease duing instalarion and bedding in (helps things in and stops things squeeking like buggery). Then sets to stop them falling out/moving.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘headset installation grease or no grease’ is closed to new replies.