Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Headset headsore
  • Stupid.is
    Free Member

So I am now the proud owner of a 2013 Specialized Camber Comp frame ready for the winter project. While I wait for the frame to arrive I am of course working out all the details ready for the build. So my question is; What Hope pick and Mix headset do I need?

From Specialized website it a “Campy style upper with 1-1/2″ lower, cartridge bearings” which is not really much use and I am really getting confused!

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

timba
    Free Member
    raisinhat
    Free Member

I think they’re like the stumpys, where just the bearings drop in. The headset cups are already a part of the frame. Something like these.

Someone with the bike should confirm though!

amedias
    Free Member

The bearings should just drop into the frame on a 2013, bog standard 45° 1.5 inch cartridge for the bottom and a 45° 1 1/8th on the top, dimensions below, or go and ask Adam next time you’re in BS 😉

Upper bearing OD=42 x ID=30 x A=45° (for 28.6mm / 1 1/8th upper steerer)
    Lower bearing OD=52 x ID=40 x A=45° (for 38.1mm / 1.5 lower steerer)*

*assuming you’re going to use a tapered fork, if you want to use normal you’ll need

for future ref, this headset finder tool on cane creek website is useful

If you don’t have the crown race and upper assembly and need a full headset then look for one that uses the above bearings.

amedias
    Free Member

Example ones that will fit from Cane Creek is

Cane Creek 40 lower – IS52/40/H1
    part number BAA0086

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cane-creek-40-series-is52-40-bottom-assembly/rp-prod115643

Cane Creek 40 upper – IS42/28.6/H9/K
    part number BAA0094K

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cane-creek-40-series-is42-top-assembly/rp-prod115645

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Headset headsore’ is closed to new replies.