Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Headset for Stanton Slackline
  • roswell
    Free Member

Hi All,

I recently bought a Hope headset (top cup no 2, bottom cup B) for a Stanton Slackline and fitted it last night. The top cup in particular was really tight (typically I was using a home made headset press) and I just wanted to see whether anyone else has fitted a hope headset to their Slackline and if so which ones (my forks are straight steerer btw) and how difficult was it.

Also, how difficult are headsets to get into a frame? I have watched quite a few videos on you tube and they all look relatively easy with very little effort required but last night was a PITA. 🙂

BillOddie

For a 44mm headtube top cup 2 is the right one so no issues there.

I have fitted a few headsets and with a decent (cheap) headset press they have all gone in reasonably easily enough but it only takes a bit of overspray in the headtube to make life significantly more difficult.

As long as the cup is in all the way and square with the HT I wouldn’t worry.

tor5
    Free Member

Got a hope in my slackline. External bottom cup though as have a tapered fork. Went in really easily (the shop did it in about 2 minutes)

sandal100

I had a lot of bother getting a hope top cup into a Stanton Sherpa head tube, so much so it went to the bike shop for the proper tool rather than a homemade

fudge9202
    Free Member

Same here, hope headset in my Sherpa was really tight to fit. Bike mechanic shaved a little off the top cup with a lathe.

roswell
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. They’re all really useful and reassuring!

There was definately a moment of, oh oh, have I bu88ered my frame…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Headset for Stanton Slackline’ is closed to new replies.