Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Headset for a Ribble Sportive 09'?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Had a look on CRC and they have an IS-8 in their floo sale – would this fit – it has a 1 1/8 carbon steerer and

head tube is compatible with a 45mm O.D. Campagnolo or Cane Creek integrated headset

I presume there is not much difference between the IS-8 and the IS-8i ? both are 45×45 presumable?

Cheers – sorry for the frequent posts – cant get on ribble website or by phone at the mo?

Vortexracing

Never mind that, get it built and get some photies of it posted!!!

It's on my list to buy if i can convince Ribble to deal with Halfords (or vice versa)with the C2W scheme

foxyrider
    Free Member

Can't built it as haven't got it yet – need to know which headset fits – I think the IS-8 is the wrong size!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Can't help this time. I'm on the old Kilauea commuter today. I'll get some pics of mine loaded up tonight or tomorrow. I can tell that since I bought it I've completely destroyed myself. Had a hard time cycling in today!

foxyrider
    Free Member

right I think its the italian standard with 45×45 from the ribble site – rather than the cane creek standard (41.8 vs 42mm) so I can get the cane creek i versions i.e IS-2i, IS-3i and IS-8i. Sorted – don't worry myfatherwasawolf I think I got it sorted 🙂

Coleman
    Free Member

Hi, coleman again.

The IS-8 Cane Creek is thier worldwide standard

The IS-8i is Cane Creeks 'Campagnolo IS' compatible equivalent

I think only Ribble can confirm which one will fit.

Coleman
    Free Member

Too late, sorry, see you've got it sorted.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers Coleman – sorry for your wasted time 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just bought one these in the end with some extra spacers if I need them: bargin at around £15.

can't be that bad as the full sportive comes with this headset.

Coleman
    Free Member

That looks great – at least you know it will fit!

The 'IS standard' integrated headsets are getting really confusing – each year they seem to be moving the goalposts!

Hope you enjoy your new machine.

cheers_drive

My frame arrived yesterday i also ordered the headset which was taped in place. Unfortunately I won't be riding it this weekend as I was sent the wrong cassette by JE James 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

cheers_drive

ARSE – I hope it crap weather this weekend as I am working and may make you feel a little better CD :l

foxyrider
    Free Member

@cheers_drive – what was your order to delivery time if you don't mind me asking?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Headset for a Ribble Sportive 09'?’ is closed to new replies.