Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Headset Bearings – generic?
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

The bearings are failing on my headset, they sort of sieze, but loosen up again, but I don’t want to wait till they fail completely as well, it’s happened before to be and it’s pretty alarming when it happens and you can’t steer.

I don’t really want to buy a whole new headset, I can’t press the cups in and my LBS is booked up, plus well it should be cheaper just to replace the broken bits.

It’s labled as “Tange Seiki Technoglide” not a brand i’ve heard of before, but google seems to suggest some link with Cane Creek, it’s a taper headset but the outside edge of the bearings are rusty so no markings are visable.

Are the bearings all the same? OR does anyone know how to find out the sizes? It came OE with an Intense Tracer, but their site doesn’t list that type of headset as being oe. (it was new)

frogstomp

They are not all the same, although there are a selection which are most common.

If you can’t read it off the bearings themselves then you will need to measure the inner diameter (ID), outer diameter (OD), width / depth and the angles of the two contact surfaces to determine which you have.

Even if they are booked up, your LBS may have a ruler / template tool which would quickly indicate the size.

Hadge
    Free Member

P-Jay give us a call at BETD and we can help you out. We can go off the dimensions of your existing ones or even the seal code on them. Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Headset Bearings – generic?’ is closed to new replies.