Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Headset bearings – are all 36 degree angular contact bearings the same?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I have an FSA orbit z headset (1 1/8 steerer), will the bearings from this fit?
    http://www.lessthan.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2598

They say they are 36 degree angular contact bearings, the orbit z takes 36 degree angular contact bearings – so should they fit?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

someone must know??

stevomcd
    Free Member

No, could be different bearing diameters, thickness, etc. You need the specific bearing code. Just been through this trying to find bearings for my other half's Specialized/Cane Creek headset.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

no code on the bearings

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

take the old ones to a bearing shop??

where are you based i know of a few places will be a bout £2 each

racing_ralph
    Free Member

near sheffield

oneoneoneone
    Free Member
    mattsccm
    Free Member

I have searched high and low for the bearings in my Cane Creek S8. Identical to those in many Hs including the very cheap Superstars one I have. According to SS I can get them in any bike shop. Thing is they cost much more than the HS. Every bearing factor I speak to says that the bearing number does not feature in their catalogues and is a cycle specific one. If you find some of those let us know. 30 quid for stainless bearing is a bit much.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i always found it much better to head on down to my local bearing shop (always very helpful) and some times can offer me better bearings than before. some times they cant pair up bearings over the phone they need to see them and get the callipers on them and mesure them.

i just re-newed my bearings on my manomano for £12.37

and a rear hope xc for £4.86

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Headset bearings – are all 36 degree angular contact bearings the same?’ is closed to new replies.