Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Headset
  • trevron73
    Free Member

My head set is crying brown tears which makes me think i should upgrade? ive got a 1.5″ into a 1- 1/8th ,i m at aloss what to buy ,i wish to be able to strip and lube myself and buy replacement parts i was hoping to go hope but cant seem to find what i need can anyone help me and point me in the right direction thanks ?

Northwind

There’s more than one 1.5 standard, what bike is it? Hope do some reducers and they’re very good, but you need to be sure to get the right one obviously.

(I’d never normally pay the price for a Hope headset, they’re no better than Cane Creek and twice the price… But for the wacky sizes and shapes they’re the best out there IMO)

trevron73
    Free Member

Its a Cannondale trail sl4 ,ive upgraded alot infact here aint much left apart from the frame,i hope that helps ?

tomhoward

I’ve found cane creek really difficult to get spares for (took 6 months of to-ing and fro-ing to get the right crown race, despite me giving them the part number…)

The only headsets I’ve ever bought that weren’t already attached to a frame have ‘king’ written on them and I’ve never had single issue with them and when I need a new headset, ill buy king again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Headset’ is closed to new replies.