Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Heads Up: Strava Flyby Iffiness….
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

larkim – Member
    The real loophole that Strava has is that it does have a setting to require you to confirm people who want to follow you (and which therefore restricts them from browsing profiles and seeing what you are up to), but it still requires you to make your rides / runs private if you want them hidden from the public, so if you are stalked via a segment (for a nefarious individual living on a major road, it would be trivial to create a segment which “captured” every Strava’d rider passing your house each day) your activity details can be seen

I noticed this when I found I could view people’s rides who are set to confirm to follow just because they were listed on the leaderboard for a segment. Click on their time and up pops their ride without having to follow them. Been stalking some of Surrey Hill’s finest to find out where the sneaky trails are that way 😀

jam-bo

Click on their time and up pops their ride without having to follow them. Been stalking some of Surrey Hill’s finest to find out where the sneaky trails are that way

best way to find a new routes. expect if they do have enhanced privacy on, you can’t download their GPX.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Enhanced privacy just seems to turn on the request to follow option, but I can still see the route of anything posted on a leaderboard.

Minus the privacy zone bits of course but those will usually be around someone’s house, not a cheeky trail.

What you can see if a private route, but then what’s the point of Strava if you keep it all private? 😉

jam-bo

Private routes won’t show up in leaderboards.

brassneck

Think I might sign up again as Busty Mc Busty see who follows me

<Follows>

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Heads Up: Strava Flyby Iffiness….’ is closed to new replies.