Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • heads up – co-op whisky savings
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Glenmorangie, glenfiddich and isla all reduced to about £20. sorry if it's a repost, can't decide between fiddich and morangie….

chakaping
    Free Member

Ta for that.

Also Tesco have a litre of Glenmorange for £25 and Glenfiddich 18yo (v nice!) for about £30 IIRC.

Probably a fiver cheaper up north as well!

iDave
    Free Member

jura £17 in co-op

swig

fontmoss
    Free Member

whats the general consensus on fid v moran? ive got some isla in the cupboard been a while since i tried the other 2 and don't have time to get a swally of each before i decide

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Fid 12 [thumbs down]. The 18 is good tho. IMO. I want to try the 15.

chakaping
    Free Member

I'm having a drop of the Glenfid 18yo now and it is bloody lovely. I'm off to get another bottle tomorrow!

I like the 12yo too, very smooth, but would probably order the Glenmorangie at the bar – bit more interesting and v well balanced.

Thst's probly the general concensus too.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Think this is a Father's Day promo they've forgotten to take off. Have already succumbed to the lure of the Jura and am sorely tempted by the Highland Park. They also have a "Directors Cut" Jamiesons of some sort on offer in my local Co-op.

Only thing is, I feel like an alky – going in for a pint of milk and ending up having to point at the whiskies behind the counter, amongst the fags and the batteries and the lighter fuel, and coughing, "Aye, that one there…" and coming out with a bottle of the hard stuff.

Far easier to buy whisky in the big supermarkets along with a truckload of other groceries.

NZCol

I seem to have acquired almost a bottle per supermarket visit the last few times. Sitting with a nice Bowmore as the sleet and hail batters the windows. Springbank my fave tho.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I've got a dozen or so different whiskies – whenever I see I nice reduction on something I don't have but like the look of I tend to buy.

Jerome
    Free Member

I've got a dozen or so different whiskies – whenever I see I nice reduction on something I don't have but like the look of I tend to buy.

That would definately not be a good idea for me..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘heads up – co-op whisky savings’ is closed to new replies.