Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Headphones for a tenner
  • ads-b
    Free Member

Need to get some in-ear headphones for the other half and dont want to spend more than a tenner really. Tried getting some Sennheiser CX 300 ones from play.com (through play trader) and they were definately fake. So rather than go through that again, I want to get them from a shop.

So recommendations and what shops would be great.

Ta

johnners
    Free Member

If you’re really strapped for cash JVC Gumy are pretty good for the money – less than a fiver from Amazon, most supermarket will have them for £7-8. I prefer them to CX300s…

verses

Just today I’ve ordered some CX 300s to replace some broken Sony MDR-EX085s (v. poor build quality). I bit the bullet and ignored the cheap deals to avoid ending up with fakes though.

Paid £23 at Play.

beamers

I’ve just ordered dome CX300 2s from Amazon

£12.68 including postage.

Clicky

ads-b
    Free Member

beamers- id be very suspicious of those. Thats a £40 set of headphones for a fraction of the price. Do a quick google and you will see that theres more fakes out there than real ones (especially on ebay and amazon)

beamers

Mmm. I’m basing the my purchase on what I read in T3 about those headphones being £17:

Scroll down to item 4.

On further investigation via the company website what you say ads-b is correct.

I’ll be inspecting them carefully when they arrive.

ads-b
    Free Member

I got mine for £17, but was direct from play and not via a trader. Happy to compare when you get yours.

ampthill

I thought that alot of The CX-300 were grey imports

Anyway I thinks these are great for the money

£11.25 from amazon

I lost my CX=300s and these are and these don’t seem very differnt sound wise

beamers

Ref my potential fake headphone purchase I just e-mailed the seller via Amazon asked them to confirm that they are selling original kit.

The reply:

“I can confirm we only sell original Sennheiser products.”

I’ll be saving that e-mail exchange somewhere nice and safe.

ourmaninthenorth

I work on the principle that, unless you’re spending decent money on etymotics or shures, then treat all in ear headphones as disposable and spend as little as possible.

I usually just pick up whatever in in HMV for £10.

singletrackmind

There was a really good thread over the weekend with a £20 price range , but some were alot less

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/reccomend-me-some-in-ear-headphones

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yuin PK3s for £26 was the best money I’ve spent in ages 🙂

beamers

Well, my £12.68 Sennheiser CX 300 2s have arrived and according to linky 1 and linky2 (login required for this one) the headphones which I have received are indeed the genuine article.

Oh, and they sound great too so to be honest I wouldn’t be that fussed even if they were fake. (Not that I condone the production and purchasing of fake merchandise your understand.)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Headphones for a tenner’ is closed to new replies.