Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Headphones
  • rondo101
    Free Member

The cat has chewed through the cable of my Senheiser CX300s, rendering one side useless. Am happy to replace with another pair of the same, but before I do wondered if it’s worth going for the higher models or any other Brands worth looking at. Budget up to £50.

Need to be in-ear type, so none of this beatz stuff all the yoots are wearing ta.

andeh

I had some Creative ones for years that I thought were very good. In hindsight, they were a little bass heavy.

When they bit the dust, I settled on a pair of lower end Klipsch buds. They were a bargain at the time for 14quid and seem much more balanced than the Creatives. I can hear lots of little details that I’ve never noticed before. So, out of the 2, I’d say I prefer the Klipsch.

I got some iBeats buds with my phone and thought they were awful. Really muddy sound that only leant itself to listening to bass/beat heavy toss. Well made though, very solid feeling. They were ebayed quite quickly.

That might be helpful, might not. My thought on the matter is that they only get shoved in my pocket, not much point spending a fortune. Finding that sweet spot between price/audio quality can be quite difficult.

CountZero

I had a pair of the Klipsch, and I really disliked their sound quality. These, however, I really like:
    http://www.meelec.com/category_s/401.htm
    I have a couple of pairs of the M6P Sport, from a 10% off, BOGOF deal, and they’re fantastic, detailed, great bass when burned in, and the remote controls my 160Gb iPod Classic as well. What’s not to like?

higgo
    Free Member

I use, and recommend, these: http://www.whathifi.com/review/e10

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

This place is really good ime. Very heavily modded reviews (you get challenged your first and on all 0 and 5 star reviews).

http://www.headphonereviews.org/recommendations.php

seadog101

Koss SportaPro:

Comfy, sound great, don’t have to stuff them in your lug ‘ole, tough, and a real life time warranty.

nealglover
    Free Member

This may sound obvious, but can’t you just fix them ?

It’s only a bit of copper wire.

higgo
    Free Member

can’t you just fix them? It’s only a bit of copper wire.

Crystals will be out of alignment.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Do the meelec have a European distributor?

Rich
    Free Member

Radiopaq Jazz Earphones @ Amazon

These got good reviews at £60, a steal at less than £10!

kayak23

sambob
    Free Member

I’ve got some Sony in-ear headphones somewhere, think they were about £20. No idea where they are though 🙁

kiwijohn

Ultimate Ears 400 vi. Mine have been through & are still going strong.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Headphones’ is closed to new replies.