Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Headphone recommendations – in ear, without rubber tips
  • rs89
    Free Member

I’ve been trying all kinds of different in-ear headphones over the past few years in the search of a set that give a nice balanced sound. Trouble is, I find the in-ear rubber tipped versions pretty uncomfortable. I have tried multiple sizes, manufacturers, but I can really only tolerate them for 30mins to an hour at best.

I keep on coming back to the same few pairs of standard Apple headphones I’ve got! I much prefer the hard plastic shape and find them extremely comfortable. Can happily wear these all day if needs be.

Sound quality on the Apple buds is acceptable but I’d like to know what other’s are using. Anyone able to share a recommendation for some in ear headphones they are pleased with, that don’t have the rubber tips common across most styles?

Just to add – I also have a pair of Bose over-ear headphones that I love, but they’re a bit bulky to lug around all day, hence the in-ear requirement.

surfer
    Free Member

I have the Bose Sport ones although they have a soft rubber bit to keep them in. They are the best I have had as nothing stays in my ears other than these when I am running. I can recommend them but I am not a HIFI expert.

Del

have some seinheiser ( sp ) ones for about a tenner. they’re pretty decent IMO. the leads are hard, no bag with them, and they have foam covers that are easy to loose, but i just bought a pack of 24 of them for spares. so long as i don’t put these in the wash like the last lot they’ll do me a few years i reckon.

scud
    Free Member

These, best sound quality and comfort of any i’ve had, including many Apple ones, the in-ear buds are memory foam.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMAGIC-E10C-Isolating-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B01H3F0SDI/

nedrapier

have you tried memory foam tips, like comply? I never got on with rubber tips, sold on the comply tips.

If you’ve got a few pairs of buds already, pick your favourite and get some tips for them, might not work, but it’s worth a try before you buy new phones.

rs89
    Free Member

have you tried memory foam tips, like comply? I never got on with rubber tips, sold on the comply tips.

No I haven’t done, was not even aware these existed – the foam tips sound spot on in fact 🙂 Think I’ll give that a go! Thanks all!

sillysilly
    Free Member

+1 for foam tips recommendation. Shure headphones with foam tips are awesome or just get comply / comply style tips for a cheaper pair.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve got some Shure SE425’s here,

Very comfortable, amazing sound quality, not cheap though but other similar Shure earphones are available at less wallet splitting prices, same comfort.

Cheapest Shure SE model are the 215’s at about £80. All that range have replaceable leads too so aren’t junked by an inevitable snag on something. Thetes also a phone lead option too,

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’ve got the 535, but for everyday listening I really prefer my SE112’s as I’m slightly less paranoid about losing/breaking them!

But yeah, foam tips are ace.

CaptJon
    Free Member

scud – Member
    These, best sound quality and comfort of any i’ve had, including many Apple ones, the in-ear buds are memory foam.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMAGIC-E10C-Isolating-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B01H3F0SDI/

+1

Great headphones.

bungle

Try KOSS the Plug, memfoam, various specs. Squeeze ends, shove in ear, pull down on lobe to fine-tune fit, stays put and reasonably comfy. Cheap to try but memfoam in-ear are very much personal taste, marmite product, tend to cut out all external sound so I’d be wary riding or running anywhere busy.

CountZero

I’ve tried Comply foam eartips, and didn’t get on with them, I much prefer triple-flange silicon eartips, but that’s a really personal thing anyway.
    If the OP gets on well with the EarPods, then there are silicon covers that help give a better fit and grip, which might be worth a try:
    https://earskinz.com/pages/shop
    As far as the Shure SE215’s are concerned, I’ve had a pair for a while, and the remote cable is rubbish, all of the outer covering split and started to peel off, so I bought some with the same fitting from Ultimate Ears, to fit UE900 ‘phones, which were OK for a while but then one earpiece started to cut out intermittently. I bought another cable, and the same thing happened from the start, so clearly the issue is an internal one with the earpiece.
    I’ve now bought some Meeaudio Pinnacle P1 ‘phones, which are bloody wonderful, if expensive, but I’ve probably spent more on the Shure ‘phones by buying three sets of cables…
    http://www.meeaudio.com/pinnacle
    There are cheaper plastic bodied ‘phones with the same MMCX connection coming along soon, or they have a similar even cheaper ‘phone with a replaceable cable but it’s not an industry-wide connector; still, they’re cheap, and I’ve never had an issue with Meeaudio ‘phones, and I’ve been using them for years.
    http://www.meeaudio.com/M6PRO-BK

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Headphone recommendations – in ear, without rubber tips’ is closed to new replies.