Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Headphone heaven
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

I indulged a little and got a decent pair of headphones and headphone amp for my study. Since I work from home I thought it was a justifiable decision given just how amazing this combo sounds:

These:

Driven by one of these:

The source is a little compromised, being an old(ish) Arcam DV78, which is a DVD player but also a pretty decent CD spinner. It is up to the job of providing a decent signal but there’s no doubt that the headphones could make a lot more with a better signal.

Absolute heaven! If anyone is looking for a high end headphone set up, then either of these products are just incredible. The amp has a lot of muscle behind it, giving plenty of attack, speed and scale but it’s also got that fabulous, luxuriant valve warmth.

The headphones are still being run in but oh my word they are jaw on the floor amazing. They do everything from incredible hair fine detail, scale and power, full on bass extension and sparkling mid range. They will even work at a reasonably decent level with an iPod although that’s like garnishing fish and chips with Beluga caviar 😀

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Will these come in under my £100 budget?

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Absolute heaven! If anyone is looking for a high end headphone set up, then either of these products are just incredible. The amp has a lot of muscle behind it, giving plenty of attack, speed and scale but it’s also got that fabulous, luxuriant valve warmth.

FFS…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

The headphones are still being run in but oh my word they are jaw on the floor amazing. They do everything most things except imaging from incredible hair fine detail, scale and power, full on bass extension and sparkling mid range. They will even work at a reasonably decent level with an iPod although that’s like garnishing fish and chips with Beluga caviar

FTFY, enjoy the headgear 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Headphone heaven’ is closed to new replies.