Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Heading to Spain, which company to use for my jollyday?
  • chalky

I holidayed with Freeride Spain 4 years ago and I’m tempted to use them again but wondered if there were any other recommendations out there. Ta.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Used switchbacks last year, very impressed.

johni
    Free Member

Switchbacks get my vote too. Have been with them many times and always had great riding. I particularly like that they use a van to get you part way up the mountain on most rides so you spend more time descending than climbing.

Also they are one of only too fully legal companies in the area. Check other companies have their “Registro” and full insurance before you ride with them is my advice!

JamesP
    Free Member

I would whole heartedly recommend Pure Mountains. In fact, I’m off there next Thursday to ride in Ciudad de El Ejido Mountain Bike Marathon with them. Tim and Jenny have a beautiful house up in the hills of the Alpujarras. Excellent trails and first class guiding.

AlasdairMc

Basque MTB. It’s run by a regular poster on here and has a great selection of trails, with decent guiding and optional uplift.

If I weren’t getting married this year I’d definitely be heading out – she doesn’t ride 🙁

Pauly

I’ve found Switchbacks to be a little haphazard in terms of organisation. The food provided went seriously down in quality between my trips with them, although the trails are good.
    Have you thought about RivieraBike in Italy? Went last year for a couple of weeks and they were the best MTB company I’ve been with. All vehicle uplifts if you want, but still lots of pedalling if you fancy it.
    Best trails i;ve ever ridden.

kimbers

torolocospain

great food private pool gnarly terrain

sorted!

stumpy01

ciclo montana

Went with them last yr and can’t recommend them enough.
    Great riding, food, accommodation, people. Can’t wait to go this yr!

Assuming this is allowed – here’s there website: http://www.ciclomontana.com/

Ooooh did I mention they have a pool and you have the option of a mid-week massage if you part with a few euros?
    In a quiet area though if you want to go partying. I was always too tired!

Del

had an excellent time with joyriders-mtb last year. free beer. very good riding. good riders. look on you tube for some videos. site here: joyriders

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cheers for the mention Alasdair! I don’t want to be touting for business on here but if you’re interested you can check out the (soon to be replaced) website here: website and check out some pictures and videos here: flickr

Pity to hear about the wife, maybe she could be convinced!!

Matt-P
    Free Member

I’ve been out twice over the last few years. First time with Switchbacks and second with Joyriders. Both are excellent and I would recommend either, choose Switchbacks if you want lots of downhill focussed riding or Joyriders for a slightly more cross country feel.

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for Ciclo Montana. went with them earlier this year and they were brilliant.

thomthumb
    Free Member

seasonally unadjusted was an ace week last year. hmmm. i wanna be back in spain.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Heading to Spain, which company to use for my jollyday?’ is closed to new replies.