Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Heading to Dalbeattie this weekend what decent …..
  • postierich
    Free Member

pubs cafes attractions should we do/visit with a 10 year old obviously doing the trails on bikes and we are staying @ Gorsebank campsite!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah love gorsebank, you can ride straight into the forest from there too. The anchor in kippford is my favourite pub. Also do the walk from kippford to rockcliffe and see all the rock sculptures and random stuff in a garden just outside kippford. Go for a wander round castle douglas, go to the mabie farm park, walk along the beach at sandyhills.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anchor inn for a pint of prawns, also nice coastal walk from there to rockliffe. Sulwath brewery in castle Douglas for beer.

Edit – Gary has beaten me to it all!. Cafe ar trailhead is good too, Jemma of mabie fame is there now.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If our caravan had been delivered when it should have we’d have been there this weekend too – we’ve got a seasonal pitch at kippford holiday park so we could have met for a pint in the anchor. Oh and pop into studio velo in castle douglas for a look.

somafunk

Would Imogen like to make her own chocolate stuff?, If so then i’ll get her a Chocolate Making session at my workplace – Cocoa Bean Co at Twynholm nr to my Home town Kirkcudbright – then you’s all could join me for a bike tour of my local woods in town?.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Cream o Galloway is another option although that’s 24miles away but could combine that in with the trip to visit somafunk

The-Beard

Granite Kitchen in Dalbeattie is pretty good for lunch. Luigi’s Italian for dinner but it’s a good idea to book as it gets busy at the weekend. If you like seafood the Steamboat Inn in Carsethorn is a good place for a pub lunch. Laurie Arms in the Haugh tends to have decent beer. All better than the Anchor I reckon!

There’s a new playground at the car park for the walking trails in the forest that the kids love.

Attractions wise the main one is the scenery! So fingers crossed for the weather! Was cracking over the weekend.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Those two pubs are good to know the beard. Added to the list for places to eat.

postierich
    Free Member

Kenny which day is good for you Friday or Saturday or early Sunday :-)we checked out the choc making and Immy was keen when we looked earlier on.
    Is there a mainly off road route back to Dalbeattie from your place Kenny?
    Any STWers around Dalbeattie fancy a riding companion for half a day?
    Thanks for the recommendations people

somafunk

Any time/day is fine for me, let me know and I’ll try and book decent weather as well 😉

Not really any route as such, there are short sections you could make use off but the majority of riding would be on roads.

singlespeedstu

Rich.
    See if you can get in touch with Trekster off here.
    He knows loads of local off piste stuff.

perchypanther
    Free Member

+1 for the cocoa bean company. My kids love it there. So does their old Dad 😀

br
    Free Member

There is a little café next top the trail centre car park.

postierich
    Free Member

Kenny 07966914696 no crank calls from anyone else please 🙂
    If I took the back roads how many miles to get back ?
    Will be on my Fattie 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Rich.
    See if you can get in touch with Trekster off here.
    He knows loads of local off piste stuff.

This.

He’ll give you all sorts of pish about getting old and slow, then pedal the legs off you. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Cocoa Bean is amazing for kids.

somafunk

I’ll give you a call t’night rich,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Heading to Dalbeattie this weekend what decent …..’ is closed to new replies.