Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Heading North
  • jimmyjimmywhoops
    Free Member

So I’m off to Pitlochry in Scotland for a wedding in May and have convinced my other half that stopping off somewhere for a few days to break up the journey would be a good idea. This cunning ploy gives me about a day and a half to break in my shiny new BluePig build on some proper terrain.

So basically, if you had your pick of the North, where would you go for a few days that would nicely break up the journey? It would be good if the area had other things to do, like walks or sights as my wife and her friend are unlikely to want to do as much riding as me and my mate.

binners

I’d stay in Keswick. Loads for’t ladies to do round there. Great pubs and nice places to eat. Not as bonkers busy as Windermere area

You could all go for a doss about in Whinlatter on the trails there, then you and your mate could do Skiddaw while the ladies do….erm…. whatever it is ladies do while we’re out on our bikes

Pyro

I grew up in the Lakes so I’m biased, but I’d say not Keswick. Southern Scotland, borders area, if you want to bike (pick of the 7 Stanes and lots of natural stuff as well) or the north Northumbria coast,/Cheviots/Alnwick-Berwick area if you just want to chill out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

I always think, go as far as you can before stopping because every mile means it’s less likely you’ll be back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Heading North’ is closed to new replies.