Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Headaches after riding
  • FZ591
    Free Member

Can anybody help who is or has suffered headaches after riding – Followed all the advice about drinking loads of fluids (generally) before during and after rides – not dehydration as I've checked the usual signs. I don't take any supplements with the water – can anybody advise of anything that might help.
    Need to get this fixed ASAP as I'm picking my new bike up this afternoon and intend flogging it and myself to death this weekend.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Have a read of this from a couple of months ago…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/post-ride-headache

FZ591
    Free Member

Thanks for that – didn't realise the problem was so widespread. Will definetly study the content

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stuey
    Free Member

Dehydration could be a red herring – I'm with the 'roadie's neck' and shoulder crowd- try raising bars/shortening reach – do some physio/ neck specific exercises.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I find green tea to work for me… actually whenever I find a mug or two of it are much better than 3-4 pints of water, it must stick better I guess

jond
    Free Member

>I'm with the 'roadie's neck' and shoulder crowd

Ditto. Can't ride a road bike any more (think I posted in that earlier thread)

MRanger156
    Free Member

Sunglasses?

BruceM
    Free Member

Its probably not the same but i can get ear aches/headaches when wind rushes past my ears, its much worse in winter, but can happen in spring/summer. Headphones or hat that cover my ears help alot.

failedengineer

Crikey, I thought I was the only one!! I'm going to try Nuun tomorrow. I find that it's worse in hot weather, so it probably is dehydration. I carry migraleve tablets and if I can catch it soon enough, they help.

FZ591
    Free Member

Nuun tablets to try first then

bonesetter
    Free Member

What's the distribution area of your head pain? Where exactly do you feel it?

bennyboy
    Free Member

i used to get this a lot and it was related to dehydration. It happend after almost every ride and the headaches were like migranes. I now use Nuun during rides and eat healthy compared to what i used too. It was also worse in hot weather or if i was over dressed. In hot weather i have to drink more prior to riding and just ease myself into the ride. if i go off from the start like a man possesed i will feel the headache starting.
    I also started streaching my neck and shoulders after rides as this will cause a different type of headache in me anyway and on 7hr+ rides this becomes an issue.

FZ591
    Free Member

If I was to try and pinpoint it I would say behind the eyes, but deep behind the eyes if that makes any sense!!!

oldgit
    Free Member

Have you had an eyesight check up? also do you wear sunglases that perhaps don't fit properly.

I don't get headaches but I can get eyestrain sometimes.

bennyboy
    Free Member

thats where i used to get it too!! when the headache has gone if you exert yourself it pounds again almost straight away??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Headaches after riding’ is closed to new replies.