Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Headache
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

So when does a headache become a cause for concern? When you're woken at 4:30am with a sharp pain in the right hand side of your head that doesnt go away with cocodamol and gets worse when you lie down, makes you feel sick for a short period of time and means all you can do is walk the streets for an hour watching the world wake up, and is still there mildly at lunch?

cynic-al
    Free Member

and is still there mildly at lunch?

If it's going I wouldn't be panicking.

Early lunch?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

History of migraines? Change in personal circumstances (ie new glasses prescription recently?)

Drac

A few hours then and your mobile, no cause concern just yet any other symptoms?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Had 2 migraines in my life, none recently. Rarely get a headache unless I leave it too long for food, then I get a headache and a stiff neck. When I was younger (5 years+ ago) I used to get really REALLY sharp stabbing pains in my skull, in the same location each time, but not in this location and they only lasted 2 mins.

No recent changes in circumstance, no recent injuries/head impact. Feels like it's eminating from above my right hand side of my upper jaw, behind the temple. Feel like my right eye is a tad "slow" focusing but I get that when it's tired anyway so probably unrelated!

willard

Any recent toothache? Any visits to NZ to relax in nice natural hot springs?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If it is going and then it's gone, I would suspend worrying about it.

If it happens again, I'd go see the ducknoise. 😉

luked2
    Free Member

I had a sudden unexpected headache like that. Went to the doctors and the next day they put me in one of those massive CT scanning machine thingummies.

After which they told me to go home and not worry.

EDIT: Talk to a doctor. Could be serious.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah sounds like it could be teeth related – still have wisdom teeth? Are you grinding them in your sleep?

bruneep

caffeine withdrawal?

coffeeking
    Free Member

No toothaches, do sometimes grind teeth but usually my front ones (oddly!). Unfortunately no NZ visits! I'll suspend worry for now. If I'm found dead in a hedge with a massive brain hemorrhage I'll wave my finger about in here!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

caffeine withdrawal?

LOL – I thought that too 😆

ourmaninthenorth

Might be a cluster headache.

See if it comes again, same place.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think brain tumours come with other symptoms – phantom smells, odd behaviour, visual effects etc. Watch out for those. Except be careful with the phantom smells one because every time you smell something unusual you'll get worried, then walk around the corner and find a perfectly reasonable explanation for it 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

😀 Shouldn't be caffeine withdrawal, I've loads handy!

No phantom smells, I do keep thinking I see things moving in my peripheral vision but I'm not sure if that's related.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

FFS go see your GP or drop in centre?

molgrips
    Free Member

Could be, CK.

remodiyaz
    Free Member

When i am suffering with headache.i drink one cup of hard Coffee it give me relax and remove my headache.

[baleeted – mod]

luked2
    Free Member

@remodiyaz – that looks like an advert you've dropped in there.

You're probably in violation of the forum rules with that unless it's somehow relevant to headaches.

jon1973
    Free Member

When i am suffering with headache.i drink one cup of hard Coffee it give me relax and remove my headache.

Alternatively, you could just shave and get the cool, revitalising cut that you only get from a Braun 790.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Wouldn't have thought cluster headache with sick feeling although being on one side and lying down making it worse fits in
    Would expect it to affect one eye too,watering/getting droopy and possibly get a runny nose as well

Wouldn't think it would last that long either and the pain is very very severe, like being stabbed through the eye with a hot blade.

Having suffered for a few years with Acute Cluster Headaches you get to know a bit about it

Could try a go at Imigran from the chemist especially if painkillers don't work
    Sounds like migraine of some description, but worth mentioning to the doctor I would have thought

ourmaninthenorth

Mrs North suffers from cluster ehadaches, though without the watery/droopy eye bit.

She too has had her head scanned, and was found to have a brain. Which was not waht I had expected.. 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Wisdom teeth shifting/coming through? Got mine age 30 odd and had horrendous headaches.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

If you see things moving in your peripheral vision it's just fairies and nothing to worry about. When you start seeing Unicorns and Gryphons that's when you need to worry.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Sounds like migraines I get sometimes. Make sure you drink lots of fluids too and if/when you get one again you might try cold or warm compresses on the temple. If they reoccur often definitely a doctor because if nothing else they can get you the better drugs (the legal way).

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Mrs North suffers from cluster ehadaches, though without the watery/droopy eye bit

Daresay she already knows this, but just in case

Sumitriptan is very effective for relieving migraines and fortunately cluster headache too
    If you suffer frequently the nasal spray works quicker than tablets
    I also have it to self-inject from an epi-pen type device which is the fastest way to get it in the system

If you get a bad bout a short high dose course of steroids works too, 60mg prednisolone a day for five days

Loads of possible preventative cures, these are usually very powerful drugs with side effects such as Lithium
    One I had some success with was Gabapentin, worth a try because it seems to have less unpleasant side effects than most

Hope she doesn't suffer too much with them and give her some sympathy, very nasty condition and you wouldn't believe how much they hurt

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Headache’ is closed to new replies.