Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • head torch recomendations
  • ollie151
    Free Member

anyone got any?? dont want to spend more that £40

cheers

Scapegoat

What will you use it for? If its just as a head torch Aldi may still have some 3w Cree ones in for £7.99. If its for riding then any of the chinese XML types are awesome.

j4mie
    Free Member

I recently got one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenser-Rechargeable-Head-Lamp-Black/dp/B001PMP340/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412282190&sr=8-1&keywords=Led+lenser+head

Rechargeable via USB, powerful and I’d definitely recommend!

garage-dweller

I got a moon 300 cheap last spring. Paid about £50 I think. Great back up to the maxx d on the bars but it’s the first head torch I have had so little to compare with.

Only thing that worries me is that the bracket may be a bit strong if it hooked a branch at speed. this is not unusual in the cheaper lights. I might look at replacing the big ass velcro strap with some zip ties that stand a chance of snapping under load now I come to think about it.

Joystick is a lot more expensive but the springy plastic bracket and lanyard approach is probably safer.

ollie151
    Free Member

yeah ive been considering ledlenser as they seem pretty good

i want over 100 lumens, something closer to 200

shredder
    Free Member

This is good
    In to its second year now and fits in a Joystick helmet mount.

postierich
    Free Member
    j4mie
    Free Member

yeah ive been considering ledlenser as they seem pretty good

i want over 100 lumens, something closer to 200

I’d never heard of Led Lenser before last year when my friend used one on Safari, thought it was amazing (P17) so bought myself one when I got back, use it when out watching rallies in the dark and other people keep commenting how amazing it is!

No hesitation in ordering one of their head torches when I decided I needed one. You won’t regret it at all, I guarantee it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 of them, free issue from work innit.

Batteries last well and have. Good life cycle, both mine are over 2 years old and have been used for many hours indeed

ollie151
    Free Member

just bought the H7 non rechargable

looking forward to seeing on these cold winter nights!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Can’t really beat the Alpkit Gamma for VFM it’s a bloody great little thing.

phinbob

Headtorch for camping/running then the Gamma is perfect.

MTB helmet mounted spot jobby – one of those ultrafire torches from dealextreme – they fit in a joystick mount – you can get a torch, couple of batteries and a charger for peanuts.

I’ve got a 900lm (claimed) spot that works well and a couple of floods too.

rocket
    Free Member

Got an alpkit manta. Nice powerful, adjustable beam, but not greatest build quality. Overall am happy with it and would recommend.

alanl
    Free Member

Unilite PS-H2. £24ish
    I’ve had one 2 years, in pretty much daily use, and have just ordered another as the original strap is now manky, and starting to lose its elasticity.
    I’ve been searching for an equivalent lightweight, reasonably bright torch with 3 straps, but nothing seems to fit the bill.Lasts almost a full day on one AA battery, bright enough for me to work in attics with no other light.
    I find the 3rd strap makes it far more comfortable and stable.
    http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/unilite-head-torch-range/unilite-prosafe-ps-h2-micro-head-torch-80-lumen-output-high-visibility-technology.html

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Petzl Tikka.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘head torch recomendations’ is closed to new replies.