Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • head torch for running
  • sssimon
    Free Member

Attempting a sprint tri in the Autumn and the only time I get to run is after 10 at night, getting bored with the street lit sections and tried running with a small torch last night but was just too awkward to hold and get into a natural run so think it’s time for a head torch.

Is there anything out there at £20 or so that works?

muddy@rseguy

Aplkit Viper or Gamma. Gamma has a battery pack on the rear strap that includes a small red tail light, Viper has more white LED light options. Both are fine for running on dark roads.

Just add some reflectives to your running shoes/clothing and a clip on red LED on your back pocket

sssimon
    Free Member

that pink one is rather fetching!

will have a look, good thing is I don’t need to run on road as theres a 2km path through the park beside our house

pushbikerider
    Free Member

I found one of these off of the ‘bay for £6 were just the job for the night stages of a 24hr race:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171241095780?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The mount needed a little work to keep the beam pointing in the right direction (slightly down) but otherwise it was just right powerwise.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Lenser H7, a tiny but over budget but a really good light, good enough for anything frankly.

Adjustable beam and power and as powerful as you’ll ever need running, I’ve used mine up mountains and off piste through forests, highly recommended.

Superficial
    Free Member

+1 for the Lenser. Really great bit of kit. I bought mine for night running and I can’t really fault it.

datsunman

I’ve got an Alpkit Gamma and Manta, I found the Gamma a little dim for running, the Manta was fine, if a little bulky. Might see what the viper is like, looks interesting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘head torch for running’ is closed to new replies.