Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Head blown with too many choices of cars – Please help
  • ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I have about 2/3k to spend on something with reasonable MPG, must have big enough boot for dog and pushchair.

Any ideas ? Been looking at meduim people carriers etc but not seeing anything I like. Would like petrol but need a fair mpg.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

get a red one

HTH

Z.

loddrik
    Free Member

No petrol people carrier is going to achieve reasonable mpg.

Drac

Why a people carrier?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Boot space which can take a dog, it narrows it down but certainly not set on a people carrier. Estate would be good.

br
    Free Member

Zafira

yunki
    Free Member

merc c200 auto estate

Raindog
    Free Member

Civic Aerodeck ?

TheFlyingOx

Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4L or 3.0L Turbo Diesel?

midlifecrashes

Berlingo 2.0 HDi on about 03/04 plate with 80000-90000 miles. What do you call a fair mpg, I get 34mpg from my 1.7 Honda Stream and you get them for bobbins and they drive better than any MPV bar the Smax. Plus they don’t look like an MPV.

parkesie
    Free Member

Civic aerodeck here aswell. 1.8vti quick plenty of space for bikes so id imagine a dog would fit gets 40mpg on a run.Best bit is that its no bigger than a normal civic so no dramas parking. Can be picked up under 2k with low milleage and all the toys.

Big boot small car

edhornby

assuming the dog and pushchair are in the boot at the same time, a focus estate – not pretty but that means you’d get VFM

andrewh
    Free Member

Are you a good mechanic?
    V8 Landy 110 for around £2-2.5k. If you can fit an LPG conversion yourself it’s really cheap.

scotabroad

+1 Petrol Zafira we can put all kids stuff with dog in no problem plus 4 bikes on roof rack, can get 30 mpg from it.

steveh

Mondeo, vectra etc. Cars of this size hold their value less well than smaller focused sized ones so you can get some good deals.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

What about a Berlingo on 120 thousand miles ?

This car is replacing a Berlingo which some nutjob wrote off by hitting me last week in the snow….

I was hoping to try something else but do keep coming back to it, I took 4 people and three bikes on holiday this year, everything fitted inside the boot !

Simon

I had my Berlingo Multispace written off in the snow 2 years ago.
    I looked at the alternatives and eventually just bought another Berlingo as I couldn’t find anything for the money that would do the same job.

First one was a 2001 1.6 petrol, current one is a ’54 2.0HDI and is much nicer to drive, although it only returns 40mpg which is a bit disappointing, the petrol did 35mpg on a run.

Great cars but we’re thinking about getting a small camper/van, ‘cos the children are getting bigger and we need more space for weekends away, holidays and camping trips.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Got a Belingo again, pick it up tomorrow. Cheers for the advice…..

epicsteve
    Free Member

1.8vti quick plenty of space for bikes so id imagine a dog would fit gets 40mpg on a run

I used to get more like 25mpg (less at times) with my VTi Civic…

anagallis_arvensis

depends on the dog!

mmb
    Free Member

must have big enough boot for dog and pushchair.
    that’s one lazy dog! make him walk and you won’t need the pushchair ergo a smaller cheaper to run car will suffice!.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Its a she, and she needs something to keep up with me on the downhills….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Head blown with too many choices of cars – Please help’ is closed to new replies.