Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • "He looks like a monkey dressed in a suit and strategically shaved"
  • matt_outandabout

Quiet lunchtimes at work, some staff from around the world. That means it is my responsibility to introduce them to some proper British comedy.
    Halfway through randomly selected Blackadder’s – I had forgotten how good it was.

samuri
    Free Member

Do any of them get it?

mark90
    Free Member

Any jobs going? 😀

piemonster

thought this was about me for a minute

matt_outandabout

Do any of them get it?

Yes, but there was a coffee spat out earlier in the week when Captain Flasheart burst onto the screen….seems the Germans do not get crude, but the yanks, Canadians and Welsh do…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WOOF!

matt_outandabout

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great minds, Matt! 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

I’ve just found the Blackadder series on my TV bundle, didn’t know it was there, watched the last series (Blackadder goes forth) over two days this week….absolutely bloody brilliant, I’d forgotten how good it was….Fry and Laurie are just superb in that series.

piemonster

2nd series is bestest

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blackadder Goes Forth is a work of utter genius. Especially the last episode. Tear jerking, heart rending stuff.

matt_outandabout

Aye, goes forth is best, but second is also superb.

baaaaaaaaa

matt_outandabout

Am aiming at some Search for the Holy Grail, Fast show, Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses next…

kimbers

i have the audio copies of them all on my ipod (and the specials)

samuri
    Free Member

but the yanks, Canadians and Welsh do…

I know we like to take the mickey out of yanks inability to understand our sense of humour but I’ve always found them to have an almost identical tickle button.

Coyote
    Free Member

I know we like to take the mickey out of yanks

The rest of the sentence is redundant.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve always found them to have an almost identical tickle button.

especially the script writers for “Frasier” – it’s classic “British” Farce from start to finish

crazy-legs

Halfway through randomly selected Blackadder’s – I had forgotten how good it was.

One of, if not THE best comedy show of all time. An excellent choice.

CountZero

Baldric, your breath comes straight from Satan’s bottom!

I have a cunning plan. A plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox!

Genius comedy writing, and great character acting. I always loved Queenie. 😀

matt_outandabout

“devil’s dumplings”
    “Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words ‘I have a cunning plan’ marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? “
    “Unfortunately most of the infantry think you’re a prat. Ask them who they’d rather meet, Squadron Commander Flasheart or the man who cleans out the public toilets in Aberdeen, and they’d go for Wee Jock Poo-Pong McPlop every time. ”

pussywillow
    Free Member

Oh dear.

stewartc
    Free Member

Still have a soft spot for the first series as it does contain one of my favorit Blackadder quotes…
    (in the voice of Brian Blessed while waving a sword about) The length of my rod is known only to the queen…AND A THOUSAND TURKISH WHORES!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘"He looks like a monkey dressed in a suit and strategically shaved"’ is closed to new replies.