Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HDNL – the knob's!
  • theboatman
    Free Member

Picked up a frame from the classifieds for using as my commuter, been using a frame that was a bit small for me. I waited till I was on paternity leave, as I wouldn't be needing to ride to work, and also thought I might be in when the courier arrives. Sell my current frame, find new frame, and all's looking good. Seller books HDNL though parcels2go, and the wife was in at the time of delivery, but **** knows where HDNL delivered it 👿 . After some emails from the seller (who has been great btw, top fella), they confirm it was left with my neighbour at number 28. Shame there are only 22 houses on my road!!! So a quick tour around addresses that sound similar to mine, and those on the streets with the same name in the neibouring town and village, still no frame.
    We are now awaiting HDNL to further confirm where they left it; so my queries are; Could they actually have no clue where they left it? Will they put any effort into locating it? How long before it's officially gone and stuck with busing it?

zaskar
    Free Member

Poor service but I would be asking the seller weho arranged the delivery to chase this up or get my money back assuming the seller had it insured.

theboatman
    Free Member

I've no problems with the seller, he has been great; chasing up parcels2go/ HDNL, and if the frame does not get found all is covered financally so I have no worries there.
    I guess my query was more, will HDNL put any effort into locating the frame, as they could not have delivered it to a house that does not exist, well not at least in my village. I'm keen to pick up a new frame as I cycle to work everyday, and with no car I'm on the bus which is toss.
    Do I give them a week to find it? 2 weeks?, or just get a new frame on the grounds they won't really be looking for it? Never having been in the situation before and not knowing how couriers operate, I was just seeing if anyone knew.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Just checkout P2G & HDNL's website for their terms for claiming.

theboatman
    Free Member

I don't mind waiting for the money it was only a cheap frame for commuting so I can stand to get a new frame. But is there any chance HDNL will put any effort into finding it the missing frame will turn up in 3 weeks time? Whislt this would hardly be the end of the world, I'm just wondering if I should put up with the bus for few weeks as some little chap will be out hunting for my frame, or just get spending again?

Flaperon

I did temp work driving for them last Christmas. Don't get your hopes up.

spooky_b329

Picked up a parcel from one of their depots a couple of weeks ago…was standing at the desk for 20 minutes as they'd managed to lose it in their own warehouse!

Can't see them going searching for it as an hours wages is probably more expensive than coughing up for it.

zaskar
    Free Member

Well at least their driver doesn't just go home and returns to the depot lol.

kaesae
    Free Member

Was the package signed for?

I would buy another frame, I deal with all the major courier companies. Every single one has cut services since the recession and all the guys are rushed of their feet.

There's no way they can spare any time to look for packages. If it turns up it will simply be because someone has found it lying around.

How long ago was it posted and was it signed for on delivery?

theboatman
    Free Member

Yep, package was signed for, on tuesday last week. I think what's surprising me is not the total incompetance of HDNL, but that someone is now sitting with a scratched up cheap second hand frame in their house without thinking, what am I going to do with this? Perhaps I could drop a note in the post to the name and address on the box? or maybe **** not! I'm 'aving this fecker!!
    I've called in on those addresses similar to mine in the village and the corresponding same address's in the next town, and 2 out of the 3 that were out that I left a note for have called to say they haven't had it. But I guess it's move on, and new frame time.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello. What is the name of the person that signed for the frame? should narrow the search down a bit.

Marge
    Free Member

Hello. What is the name of the person that signed for the frame? should narrow the search down a bit.

I guess you have never tried to decipher the scrawl that is left on delivery notes…. 😀
    It would be a lot easier if they recorded the name properly

kaesae
    Free Member

I have signed thousands of paper and vdigital pads,but it's still worth a try. They should take the name of the person signing for the delivery manually.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

You are assuming that it ever made it to ANY delivery address. At work we caught out a CityLink driver who was nabbing new mobile phones, he claimed that the parcel had been delivered to another local company by accident & brought it the next day – with the box opened & contents rummaged through…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HDNL – the knob's!’ is closed to new replies.