Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HDMI/HDCP passive switch to 2 devices ??
  • scaredypants

does that exist ?

All I really want is to avoid repeatedly unplugging HDCP output lead from one input socket into another, and repeat. I only want one to be active at any time.

There seem to be loads of switches for, say, 2 devices into 1 tv socket but I want the reverse (and it doesn’t seem to work just connecting “backwards”)

Anyone know what I need ?

TiRed

I just use an hdmi splitter to take the single output signal from my receiver to both a TV and projector. It’s passive and works flawlessly. The devices signal back to call the signal.

scaredypants

Will have a better look around then – thanks

deadkenny
    Free Member

I had a manual switch but found it caused confusion with the TV when switching. The handshaking process would go wrong and it would drop into a low resolution or deny it completely.

I have an AV amp now with HDMI switching built in and it acts as a bit of a hub and uses the CEC feature of HDMI so devices can control each other. Really like that if I switch off the TV it switches off the amp and can switch off the connected device also.

Russell96

Got one that 99% of the time it will automatically switch between devices, on the odd time it doesn’t for example getting confused with 2 or more devices switched on at once it has a switch to go around all the inputs. It’s a Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3×1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher) for £7.99 from Amazon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HDMI/HDCP passive switch to 2 devices ??’ is closed to new replies.