Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HDMI woes – help would be greatly appreciated
  • peterfile
    Free Member

I currently have my Xbox and a PC feeding in to an AV receiver via HDMI, which is then connected via HDMI to my TV.

When I play games on the Xbox, or browse the internet on my PC etc, everything works fine.

However, as soon as I try to stream video from either device the screen constantly flickers and the sound and picture cuts out every 10 seconds. Even for movies saved on my HD, it’s quite bad.

This started a month ago, for no reason.

What I can’t understand is why the devices work fine for everything other than streaming video?

Internet connection is fast.

Any ideas?

Flaperon

Change the cable between the AV receiver and the TV?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

You have try the elimination game.

Try a device on its own?

Try it through HDMI direct?

Reduce settings on each device?

Check your screen resolution max settings?

Could be the av receiver playing up?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

yup, first step, eliminate the AV receiver from the chain, try xbox direct, try pc direct, also try all the cables for both devices, report back with results

my guess, the av receiver is doing something odd when you go into a particular video or sound mode which is only used by streaming video

peterfile
    Free Member

Thanks for the pointers guys, I’ve not tried the devices direct, but I have changed all the cables to no avail.

I’ll try direct when I get home.

njee20
    Free Member

Sounds like the receiver to blame then.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

what software are you using to play the movies?

what format are the movies in?

do they have dts sound?

jamj1974

Without identifying problem – could you not connect PC and Xbox directly to the TV and run phono put or optical out to the AV Receiver?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HDMI woes – help would be greatly appreciated’ is closed to new replies.