Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HD Projector for presentations
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Any recommendations? To be typically used for seminars, run off a laptop.

Not too pricey (I’m sure what the price-point is for these so can’t be more specific, other than it’s for company use).

maccruiskeen

no specific recommendations as I typically buy up end of life ones for £50 so that I can do multi-projector fandangos.

If you’re comparing models the things that matter are brightness (in lumens) and contrast ratio. That latter makes more difference if you’re projecting in a fair amount of ambient light, or onto a poor surface – like the office wall rather than a screen – as you might be in a presentation scenario. DLP projectors typically have a better contrast ratio than LCD ones. If you are going to rack up hundreds or thousands of hours on one (which I guess in your case you won’t) DLP are also less prone to the colours fading over time.

Go for at least 2000 lumens and compare between them for the best contrast ratio for the price you want to pay.

I’ll give you£50 for it when you’re finished with it 🙂

rebel12
    Free Member

We just bought a Viewsonic (can’t remember model number but was DLP, 3,000 lumens) for work and although it’s a little bulky at times when taking to client meetings, the picture quality is supurb. No need for clients to even dim the boadroom lights.

phildb
    Free Member

Does it need to be full HD? There’s still a fair premium on making the jump from WXGA to WUXGA.
    If WXGA will be enough (1280×800) then look at the Casio XJ-M256-UJ. Despite the brand, these are really impressive projectors. Plenty of brightness and decent contrast for most set-ups, and they are LED/Laser hybrid so there’s no lamp to replace. They’re rated to 20000 hours running with a 10000 hour warranty too. Also they start up and shut down in around 5 seconds so there’s no warmup.
    I replaced the portable loan stock (around 50) at our university last year and haven’t had any faults or complaints yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HD Projector for presentations’ is closed to new replies.