Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HD Monitor – advice needed…
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just bought a new PC and I'm on the lookout for an HD monitor to go with it.

PC has an HDMI port so can I assume that the graphics card will cope with full-resolution HDMI output at 1080×1920?

Currently using an old Dell 17" TFT monitor and the max. available resolution appears to be 1280×1024. Will the graphics hw/sw detect the new monitor and allow a greater range of resolutions?

Del

'spect so. budget?
    i'm looking at ( as in using ) a samsung xl2370, which is very nice. LED back-lit, meaning it's more evenly lit than a lamp style one. 23". skinny. hdmi, digital and analogue connectors. hd. 270 quid on b4udirect.com
    very pleased with it.

Flaperon

Yes, should work fine. You might need to change the resolution in the display control panel. If you connect through HDMI and use iTunes for movies, beware that they won't work if the monitor doesn't match all the required security protocols for HDCP.

trailmonkey

As a side issue, don't let the people at PC World or where ever you are buying the HD monitor from, convince you that you'll need a really expensive cable to get the most from your kit. Just a £3 bog standard HDMI lead will do everything that a £50 Monster cable will. Big retailers are making more on a £50 cable than they are on a £300 monitor.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Budget is around £200 so I'm considering the likes of a Samsung P2270HD for £199 (or £201 with HDMI cable) on Amazon. Has a freeview tuner built in as well.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HD Monitor – advice needed…’ is closed to new replies.