Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HD-DVR camera for driving.
  • gears_suck
    Free Member

I recently looked at getting one of these as I’ve been hammered twice in the last three years by loonatic drivers and suffered the blame.
    One an uninsured, unlicensed, speeding ****. The other accelerated from behind a stopped car into the side of my defender. Hitting me so hard, it broke the chassis and destroyed the front end.
    I purchased one from a supposed UK supplier on ebay. It arrived with an unintelligible instruction manual and performance to match. Subsequent communications with supplier were equally indecipherable.
    Long winded, I know but, has anyone any experience of the products Halfords are selling and/or is anyone using one with a front and rear camera. Price is an issue so I’m excluding units suited to haulage co’s and other commercial driving purposes.

spectabilis
    Free Member

I’ve had no experience of the performance of these myself but the link below takes you to a product on my friends CCTV systems site which is well regarded.

http://www.icctvsystems.co.uk/Item/smart_witness_SVC150GPS

gears_suck
    Free Member

That is the sort of thing thanks. However, the price is re-dickerus.

MikeG

These seem to be popular with the mx5 crowd, they are available cheaper elsewhere but you need to watch out for fakes

gears_suck
    Free Member

Thanks Mike. Certainly more within my price range.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HD-DVR camera for driving.’ is closed to new replies.