Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Haytor – Hound Tor – Hameldown Tor – lovely day with piccies
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Blooming hot today but fantastic views plus a few unwanted Horse flies 🙁

OCB
    Free Member

It looks lovely, but blimey, it must have been baking up there today, plus there's not much by way of shade either on that bit to take the edge off the glare.

I do like Hambledown, coming off the ridge, down past the last bit of woods and out through that tiny little hamlet is good alternative run, if a bit shorter than down to the stream and out to the Widecombe road.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup pretty toasty – BTW someones buggered around with that descent – perhaps the equine fraternity or walkers as they have started to pack some of the drops and holes with tarmac towards the bottom of the Hameldown descent 🙁

Shinythings
    Free Member

You didn't stop to say hi when you came past the Hound,eh!? I know we smelt a bit…..

Mind you, myself and Slugwash were fairly incoherent after 24hrs on the moor and the subsequent loss of blood from the midge plague we suffered all night, plus the heatstroke delerium on Sunday when we met up with the usual suspects for the 'final push'. Some newbie called Sharki turned up as well 😀
    Now officially f****d!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Didn't see you did I 😉 Nah passed the hound on the left hand side 😉 Not suprised blomin hot out there. The Horse flies are out in vengence 😉

slugwash
    Free Member

Got to pop out to the garden centre, just got time to post these up….

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308384@N06/

jam-bo

Was It you guys I saw just turning off the mortonhampstead road about two-ish yesterday? I think I saw woody.

sharki
    Free Member

Yes Jambo it was woody et all.

I was up front and had turned off just befroe you passed, bizzarely 5 mins before i thought to myself how funny it would be for ou to come harring along he road…

Del bravely lent me his 5 and we did smallacombe, Pyscho, si's trail, combe down, easdon, bowermans, hobbit trail and new link to bridge to far inc a DH trail..

Today was a quick spin on the loop we did together.

jam-bo

Cool. I was on my way to Exeter to pick up a road bike.

Been spending the day stripping bikes. Dropped my totems to 160mm and put them on the five. Braaaaap!!!!

yunki
    Free Member

I was in that area today and now have more questions than answers..

I went up Lustleigh Cleave and got myself hopelessly lost.. (I could have probably done with something a bit more detailed than the 'dartmoor for cyclists 1:40 000').. so I spent a fair bit of time hike-a-biking until I stumbled across the loveliness of the bridleways between Lustleigh and Manaton and Water.. good times (saw a few tyre tracks up there..probably you guys I'm guessing)..

I headed back to the in-laws in Liverton past Yarner Woods and saw a few more bridleways marked on the map between Haytor and Liverton but I was definitely hitting the bonk after my adventure which meant cruising through the back lanes to get back..

I loved it up there but I think I was probably struggling (quite cheerfully in my ignorance) up a lot of fine descents and missing out on more common sense routes..

foxyrider
    Free Member

Was there last Sunday and this Saturday – Yesterday stopped on a climb nr water to let 2 guys down the descent – Didn't want to stop them having a blast down – said hello – was it you?

yunki
    Free Member

nope.. not me.. I was up there today being lost and not missing the football.. I only saw two other living souls between Lustleigh and Haytor and they were a pair of cheerful but also lost ramblers..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Haytor – Hound Tor – Hameldown Tor – lovely day with piccies’ is closed to new replies.