Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hayfield route advice
  • dawson

Sorry if this has been done to death.

Currently researching a Hayfield route and I have found the following route

Hayfield, Peak District route

is there an error on the GPX track at the point near Kinder Reservoir where it seems to go out to Tom Heys farm and then back along the same track, before ‘classic challenge of Middle Moor to finish things off’?

crazy-legs

I can’t work out what they’ve done there but it’s an MBR route so it’s bound to be the wrong way round or have something wrong with it.

Start Hayfield, do the New Allotments climb, descent as shown (the southernmost loop). Then go out to Kinder Res, Shooting Cabins, Middle Moor and that drops you into Little Hayfield just south of where that random line is. Turn left on road, turn right and do a steep road climb up to Blackshaw Farm. Then you can do the Lantern Pike bit that they’ve started with but without all the other weird looping back stuff.

When are you planning on doing it? Post up here, I might be able to guide you round it and there are plenty of other Peaks regulars on here too.

dawson

Cheers for the advice.

Planning on next Wednesday (weather permitting) but I need to change the oil in my forks beforehand – I have the day off – its my birthday – have done birthday bike rides for the past few years 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carlos
    Free Member

Like CL said, it’s a bit of a wired one. Looks to me like a bit of a variation on the clover leaf loop but it’s got you doing an out and back on middle moor.

Loads of options round there to extend things and you don’t need to be doing anything cheeky either.

I could sort you out a GPX route if you want? Can’t do We’d daytime though. Just say how far and how much climbing do you want in it

Carlos

MartynS

It looks like they are just sending you down middlemoor to come back up it..
    Odd, but it is an MBR ride!

I might be around on weds. if I am, I’m happy to show you round if you like. I’ll know by Friday.
    Mail in profile!

dawson

A GPX of something like CL suggested would be great! Don’t go to too much trouble though.

I am just trying to plot CL’s route in Viewranger

carlos
    Free Member

Dawson – it’s no bother. I’ll sort it at work tomorrow and mail it over

dawson

Carlos – thanks – email in profile

Martyn – thanks for the offer! – an embarrassment of riches!

carlos
    Free Member

Dawson – Email sent 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hayfield route advice’ is closed to new replies.